ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TVR Tamora Project

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Are they cheap to insure or something?! I thought they would be high because parts are expensive/hard to find!?

It's cheaper because its a second car, on a multi car policy and they aren't cars that are driven by idiots like impreza's

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Also parts are not cheap but you can get hold of them fairly easily, not had any real problems with parts do far.

VX220
also try and sell a stolen tamora in the UK. Most people online will know who you stole it from as there are so few about.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Ok, little update on the car, sorted out the insurance, was £580, until november which is when my multi car policy needs renewing, picking the car up tomorrow from the garage it been at, had some good news that it didn't need the head rebuild or the possible head gasket (just a leaky pipe) the timing chain needed a slight adjustment, the idle was all over the place so that has been sorted, so i have been told its running like new, also had a few other small jobs done such as the passenger door, it now opens electrically rather than the emergency handle, both windows have had new motors and the runners greased as they were very slow before, also needed a front track rod end and had it retracked at the same time.

Think that is everything mechanically now, future things i need to look at are new rear window as the current one has cracked (plastic) but a little duct tape does the job for now. The car is going in to have all the interior carpets changed in the next month or so as they are a greeny colour where they have faded, going to put them back to a dark blue throughout, also thinking about getting the leather dash retrimmed, would get this matching the dark blue of the carpets as the current blue is pretty horrid. As for the seats I quite like the orange but the blue suede type material I am going to try and change again to leather in dark blue, but thats not essential.

Hopefully at the weekend the weather will be nice and i'll give the car a day of detailing, thinking of buy a DAS 6 PRO from cleanyourcar, but unsure on which kit (pads/compounds) was thinking the meguires one but no idea really. Then will try and head over to goodwood sunday to give the car a well deserved run.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Some good news.

Lookforward to some pictures if its being detailed! Looks mad like most TVR's :)

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
I will get some pics up next time i'm home, i know this thread is lacking in pics atm, i will sort it .

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
I have bought a few products for a mini detail on the car this coming weekend, I have some chemical guys maxi suds2, meguires paint cleaner, auto glym super resin, prima amigo glaze and prima amigo banana gloss also some dodo juice purple haze, going to apply it all by hand, will take some pictures of each stage.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
As promised a few pictures from the weekend, gave the car a quick clean....wanted to deep clean but to eager to drive it....
7be584f4.gif

231b36bb.gif

Then over to tesco under store carpark to check out the shine
d012d640.gif

A little drive over to goodwood with a mate in his Mk1 FRS
194d5c20.gif

203ebf0d.gif

be8e4050.gif

still need to give the car a deep clean, just to excited to get out and drive the thing....more picture to come when the interior is replaced and the paint is properly cleansed and polished

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
So far no real updates on the car, due to lack of funding, the only small things that I have done is remove the seats and take off the back panels as these were scratched and looking all a bit of a mess, got some fine grit sandpaper smoothed everything off and resprayed gloss black, looks much better now, also waiting for the chromed bolts to arrived from ebay to replace the standard black ones that hold the seat backs in place.

Need some advice as to what to do with the interior as its all a little bit vulgar with blue and orange, I am getting all interior carpets replaced, these are going to be dark blue with a dark blue leather trim, but I'm not sure on what to do with the seat, door cards and dash, should I get everything in dark blue? or should i keep some orange? or what ideas welcome.

also bought a 3/4 front plate similar to the ones people put on their clios, just to help make the front a little more imposing

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cool car, I'd quite like to buy one with a knackered engine and put a BMW straight 6 M3 lump in instead one day perhaps.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Finally some progress on the car, spent a few hours taking out the carpets to be replaced this week, also getting the rear window replaced as it was cracked.

f7934690.gif

5d6e746a.gif

7e993a6a.gif

51ee8ffc.gif

1b497453.gif

5c87f3f1.gif

9d8da018.gif

aebb19ba.gif

8bdc3212.gif

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Had the carpets done at last heres a couple of quick pics.
Before
5d6e746a.gif

8bdc3212.gif

After
58fc403a.gif

27dc4b6a.gif

Also had the rear window replaced and the beading round the back of the seats reattached. Next job is the seats/door cards, removal of the felt to replace with Alcantara that's a matching blue to the carpets. And find where the smallest oil leak is coming from. After 4/5 hours there is a patch about the size of a 1p coin.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Oil leak:

Open bonnet. Look at oil tank. Look at top inlet, see leak. lol

Use a 38mm spanner to get the hose off, then undo the allen bolts and replace the seal (about 90p from TVR power).

PS how much were the carpets?

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Cheers I'll have a look today. Would be nice to have a cheap fix like that. Carpets were £240 for materials, this included the rear window. Then £300 for labour