ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tweeters have started to give in.

BG 182
Hey guys,

My OEM tweeters have started struggling and the crackling noise they are emitting is driving me insane. Ive been looking into getting new 13cm components and wiring them up to the Alpine CDE9887 ive got fitted.

Ive had an Alpine MRP-T220 amp sitting in my bedroom for a while now totally unused so i thought this would be a good excuse to use it and make the most of the components. The two sets ive been looking real closely at are the Focal Polyglass 130 VB's which are priced at £100 and the Hertz ESK 130.3 priced at £120. This is the kind of price range I was looking at. These are the first uprated speakers ive ever purchased so my knowledge is minimal, I was wondering if you guys could give me your thoughts on my options, or any other better options.

Both sets run at 4ohm, so my amp being 50 watt rms at 4ohm and 75 watt rms at 2ohm, will this be sufficient enough to power the speakers ive listed? I also plan to sound deaden the doors as much as i can to try and compliment the speakers i decide on. I also run a small active sub to assist with the deeper bass.

Thanks, Jack.