ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twin engined RWD Clio

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  E55 AMG
Bet that's fun. Looks like it's been done to a tight budget though. those seats are awful.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
Trader Rating - 100%
26   0   0
  need BRAKES? PM me
He's obviously spent a bit of time and money getting it to that stage, I don't like the look of it but appreciate the effort.

Ref the drum brakes, makes me laugh when people put this or that can be easily done in a sale advert. Why didn't you do it in first place then?!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I assume he only means drum rear brakes, in which case no big deal anyway TBH

I think people looking at the pictures and dismissing it are probably not doing a good job of really considering what the performance will be like if they dont LOVE this car.

250bhp, lightweight, mid engined, sequential gearbox etc.

It will be devastatingly quick on track if setup properly.

And would look fine with a decent set of wheels and a ph1 172 kit etc, which is easily done.

If I didnt already have too many cars, I would be very tempted to go and have a look at that, I think it has real potential.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Campus 1*2
Even if its looking a little rough round the edges, someone has invested some time, thought and money into it. As said above, with a little more time etc I'd imagine it could be a seriously fast and capable toy!

I kinda like the shed sleeper look it has lol, imagine the fun that could be had.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Mk3 dci
Shout at me if I'm being special but whats the point of having twin engines? Surely if one has a bit more power the other won't be working as hard. Or does it not work like that?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The boss is here....scatter, she can't catch us all....buy it, buy it, you know you want to Chip.

I love the way your rear tyre wall is flexing on that launch...awesome stuff. What does it run on the 1/4 mile?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Shout at me if I'm being special but whats the point of having twin engines? Surely if one has a bit more power the other won't be working as hard. Or does it not work like that?

Without meaning to sound like im stating the obvious, the point of having two engines is to make double the power of having one engine.

If one is 115 and one is 125 then yes one will be doing slightly more work than another, but then that is true of the cylinders inside your current engine, one will always make slightly more power than another no matter how carefully you try and build it (difference in intake characteristics and exhaust charactistics etc between the cylinders, not to mention thermal differences between inner and outer etc) but that doesnt stop them all being useful, and its the same with two engines, both will still accelerate the car.

If you have a big bloke and a very big bloke in tug of war on the same side, they both still do their bit.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The boss is here....scatter, she can't catch us all....buy it, buy it, you know you want to Chip.
FLOL

I love the way your rear tyre wall is flexing on that launch...awesome stuff. What does it run on the 1/4 mile?

Ive not ever got a clean run in to find out, thats the only day I have taken it and sadly as I was also working at pod that day and I only got 2 attempts in my own car, the first was on low boost as a shakedown and ran a 12, the second was on high boost, looked at the halfway point like it would break into the tens, and then suffered a fuel leak and crossed the line in the 12s as well, but on fire this time, lol

Should think even on the current engine which is less powerful it would get into the 11s pretty easily on road tyres though, it is a pretty fast car.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
TBH quarter miles kind of bore me really, I just much prefer doing trackdays and Pod is as far from me as bedford, so if I am going all that way I would sooner do a trackday at bedford instead.

But that said I will probably go to the PV show at pod next year even if I dont have to work there, so might get a chance to run it then, although was planning on supercharging it before I used it again so its partially in bits at the moment.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Mk3 dci
Without meaning to sound like im stating the obvious, the point of having two engines is to make double the power of having one engine.

If one is 115 and one is 125 then yes one will be doing slightly more work than another, but then that is true of the cylinders inside your current engine, one will always make slightly more power than another no matter how carefully you try and build it (difference in intake characteristics and exhaust charactistics etc between the cylinders, not to mention thermal differences between inner and outer etc) but that doesnt stop them all being useful, and its the same with two engines, both will still accelerate the car.

If you have a big bloke and a very big bloke in tug of war on the same side, they both still do their bit.

Fair enough.. Thanks Chip :)

P.s Nova looks awesome! Also, you should buy the clio.. don't tell the boss ;)

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Nippy white cup
I was expecting something with a massive daft bodykit on it tbh....I think it is perfect bar the exhaust which would be better off hidden (probably a major ball ache). I love a good sleeper and that is spot on...generic after market wheels etc could be one of thousands of 1.2's out there

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Sunflower Ph1
Anything by z cars isn't exactly budget.

Have to praise the engineering even if its looks aren't to taste but what a sleeper!

So sky what's the quote on that then?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  renault clio 182
It looks epic fun and would scare the hell out of alot of cars love the fact that it looks so much like a shed nobody would suspect a thing till its too late!