ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twin Turbo Evo

Turbos.
Pretty amazing. What was the crack with RC Developments? Remember reading a thread about them ages ago, didn't the owners fall out or something?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Yeah owners fell out one of them was dodgy and was using customers engines for his own cars rebuild lol (Allegedly)

Then the other owner set up CPL Racing.

As for reliability it will be as reliable as any other rebuild. CPL dont dominate the time attack for nothing

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
^ Same as regular ones I think, they just both feed through into the Intercooler and then it is the same as a usual set up.

CBR1K, F21 125D
The first turbo boosts pressure as much as possible (for example to three times the intake pressure). Subsequent turbos takes the charge from the previous stage and compresses it further.

Listerine & Poledo
How do twin turbo's work? Layout wise?

for a 4-pot?

either you have each turbo running 2 cylinders or you can do sequential charging there the exit of one turbo essentially runs into another.

probably sequential charging in this caswe.

for V-enignes you get twin turbo from sticking one snail on each bank

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Oh ok. I've no idea about turbo's tbh! Seen a few pics of them inline like the RB26's etc and the as above one on each bank. But on V-engines, i assume both should boost at the same time?! How do you set that up?!

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
You can set them up to boost separately, one will do say 1500 - 3500 rpm and the other will then take over so that there is no lag and do 3500 - red line.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Assume that doesn't apply for v-engines tho? Surely they would have to boost at the same time, or you'd have one bank lagging behind?!

Listerine & Poledo
^ Assume that doesn't apply for v-engines tho? Surely they would have to boost at the same time, or you'd have one bank lagging behind?!

nah, it'd be fine. the boost will affect all cylindes, irrespective of which compressor it came from.

the best set-up would be:-

some sort of high-revving V-engine
Supercharger for idle-3k
smaller turbo for 3-6k
big turbo for 5.5k - redline

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Would need to see it to understand it i think...If they are completely separate banks, i can't see how they can be set to different boosts??

Listerine & Poledo
using different size turbines, quitre simply.

a smaller one which will spin up quicker on one bank
then another, larger one which needs more airflow to get on bong, but when it does creates more boost.

by fettling the sizes and various other variables, you can minimize lag quite well...... would still be better to fit a supercharger for good measure though... just to be on the safe side.

Would need to see it to understand it i think...If they are completely separate banks, i can't see how they can be set to different boosts??

If you have one plenum feeding both inlet banks you can either run a turbo off each exhaust bank or make one super swirly manifold and run them both of both banks, or run both off one bank if you wanted to..