ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twin Turbo Viper Vid

People forget that the Veyrons top speed is limited (apparently)

Not sure there is the tyre technology that is viable for over 253mph, the veyron can only go full whack for a matter of minutes LOL. Not viable on a everyday usuable road car with warranty anyway lol.

Nippy white cup
I would imagine it would be quicker than the bugatti seeing as it is more powerful and I would imagine lighter but I don't think it would be considered a production car would it?

Chris

Nippy white cup
I would imagine it would be quicker than the bugatti seeing as it is more powerful and I would imagine lighter but I don't think it would be considered a production car would it?

Chris

1.2 16v 2005
Sorry to pee on the chips but have a gander at this... http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=47&i=14850

That is a Wieneck Cobra. 12.9 ltr 1100bhp & 1299lbft of torque and only 1000kg. So massively faster than both!

124mph in 4.9 seconds and 0-187mph in 10 seconds. and theoretically a lot faster top end if you have the cojones.

al

ST on the way...
Don't forget though that the Viper 1000TT has been around for a good few years, waaaay before the Veyron.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Bit of a diference tho.... The Veyron can handle the power! None of these 1000bhp cars can!

1.2 16v 2005
Oh yes... it so so does... Sounds a bit like a bag of spanners at idle but 1'000 rpm and it sounds properly nice. To be honest i'd rather have a chunk or snarling fire spitting yank tankery sitting on my driveway than a million pound VW.

Besides the point... when i drive down the street i want people to turn around and wet themselves, a veyron would do that granted, but a Weineck would do it in an altogether different way!

Lets be honest a Veyron is for the new monied with no soul, so many driving aids that my mother could do 200mph in it. I believe that a car that is worth more than a town house in london should make you smile more than for pose and speed factors!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
^^^^^so you have driven one then.

I deffy anyone here not to be impressed with a veyron that goes that fast so quick no matter how many driving aids it has.When evo tested it against the enzo and the paggani it left them in the tight mountain roads too

ian

1.2 16v 2005
Fair point- but would you drive an enzo or a zonda on the twisties? We all know that they are good for straights but pretty poor for corners in comparison to say perhaps an caterham or an evo?

I haven't driven a veyron. There is a pretty simple reason for it though- I'd rather a house than a veyron!

The veyron is all about top speed- and look what they had to do to make it do 252... it's about as heavy as a small truck- and costs more than VW can sell them for to make- VW are losing 4 million dollars on each veyron sold. Lets be honest for everyday driving, all things considered, would you drive one? No wareentee, 2000 mile service intervals, less than 10mpg... perhaps not.

It all well and good for evo to say its a great car but they forget theone most important thing about theses cars. They get to test them without having to spend out any money of their own!