ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Two Bucket wash and....stone chips

Had my 172 Cup for about a month now and really enjoying it! Since it was overcast today and it was pretty grubby I thought Id give the 2 bucket method a go and also try pooling the water over with the hose. Seemed to work really well and pretty happy with the result! As you can see though Ive got nasty stone chips along the edge of my front bumper. Obviously the only real remedy is a re-spray but in the mean time does anyone have any ideas? Ive seen the paint reapair kits from paints 4 u, any experiences?
Thanks
Tom
Carwash1.jpg

Chips1.jpg

Chips2.jpg

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Ouch! lol.

I had one on mine in 4 years and it was driven properly covering 40,000 miles. I wouldn't bother doing anything unless it was a proper respray tbh.

Looks like a nice unmolested example other than that.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't bother mate, it's more lacquer peel/chip than anything.

It would have been easier to fix if it had been through to the plastic, front bumper resprays aren't expensive either to be fair.

Luckily its not really that noticeable unless your'e really inspecting it like in the first pic. Think I may have added to the chip collection last weekend! Thanks Gally, I thought it looked like a lacquer type thing Im looking into a respray but to be honest, I've got a mechanical list of 'to do''s before I start finishing it off. Quite surprised at the difference using two buckets made though, kept the car A LOT cleaner throughout the wash.

Anyone know a good painter in Surrey?
Thanks

Last edited:
  Clio RSi 1.8 8v 110hp
motofal

Perhaps with a very light wetsanding you could "camuflate" the chips, in the pics it seems that the chips arent very deep!

Greetings and very nice car!

Yeah not sure to be honest mate, if it were somewhere more incospicuous I would but its the leading edge on the front bumper and as a first timer with scratch/stonechip repair Im not sure if I want to take my chances.