ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Typical upgrade thread..

DCi 100
Eh, got bored earlier and came up with the idea of getting a new camera as I can pretty much.

Roll with the ghetto spec D40 at the moment lol. So not exactly well equiped lol.

I don't really have a budget but I don't want to be loosing alot of money on anything. If I'm going to buy alot of stuff then I need to get close to what I paid for it come getting rid of swapping around for me. Loosing 2/3/400 just for abit of fun isn't fun!

One option I would want is video is possible, quite want to do time lapses etc.

Something like a 5D would be worth having a go with? Like: http://www.mpbphotographic.co.uk/us...sed-canon-digital-slr-cameras/canon-eos-5d-8/

With an average 18-55mm lens or something to just start with, get a lower range and zoom lens to go along aswell?

No way would be buying new be my thing with this stuff.

Any sort of help would be appreciated, cheers.

Cupra
It depends on what you want to take pictures of to some extent.

I only really know Canon, but the xxxD range (500/550D) are good for general use and video
The xxD models are better at sports as their AF and FPS are improved. They do not do video yet though.

The 7D has amazing AF and FPS a well as almost all other technical trickery that you could want from a camera, whereas the 5D MkII lacks the AF and FPS but is excellent in low light and gives you some of the best quality images/ video possible due to size of the sensor.

The original 5D did not do video, only the MkII does, and it carries a slighty higher price tag.

One thing to remember, is that you will always loose money on the camera body, but good glass holds it's value very well for years.

Good move looking at 2nd hand, just make sure you check how many actuations the body has made before you buy one.

the 18-55 lens won't fit on the 5D for two reasons; the lens mount is EF only and the image circle of the 18-55 is smaller than the 135 frame sized sensor.

how much cash you got to spend?

you can do time laps with the canon TC-80N3 remote - set it to fire off a frame every X seconds or minutes etc

DCi 100
Around 1K maybe with camera + single lens?

It's mostly motorsport and urbex stuff really.

Cheers for the info lads will have a deeper research when I get online.

Moonlight Blue 225
Im selling my canon 400d (doesnt do video) with 18-55mm lens, 90-300mm lens, coking filters, cf cards, camera bag, battery grip + batteries, comes with all the original boxes etc

lets me know if your interested mate.

ITB BG 182
Alex, ive been looking at the Canon 50D alot recently and there are some deals to be had for 1k, ive had several goes with it an know a few people who own one and recommend it highly. Some one i know who has a few Canon's says the 50D is great alround camera but if i wanted better i would be looking at another £500 ontop.

With help from this lot on here i now know which camera and which lens im going for, just waiting for pay rise day to hurry the buck up.