ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre blow out on dyno.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I saw this on FB. Loads of people claiming this is why you shouldn't run stretched tyres. While I kind of agree, it could have been any defect to cause it.

He's lucky it didn't happen on the motorway!

Whether the stretched tyres caused it or not I don't know. But why people go for the stretched look is beyond me! It looks f**king s**t you tools.

535d / t5 caravelle
someone told me about this yesterday, claimed it was a mk2 though, which rolling road is it? i got told one in blackburn.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Jesus! The front corner got buggered there. Did the RR take the blame?

No, not really the rr's fault? The damage wasn't too bad apparently to either machine, just damaged wing and wheel arch even the radinox dishes on the wheels held up well. I'm sure @Cro-Clio can explain the ins and outs.

Renault Clio182 bean
The last rolling road I went on had a sign on the wall 'If your piece of s**t blows up I take no responsibility' lmao , fair enough really. I suppose its the risk you take, lucky the tyre went on the RR and not on the road!

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
No, not really the rr's fault? The damage wasn't too bad apparently to either machine, just damaged wing and wheel arch even the radinox dishes on the wheels held up well. I'm sure @Cro-Clio can explain the ins and outs.

I wasn't implying it was the RR fault, but I know a lot of people would want to blame something if it happened to them.

I was surprised by how well the wheel held up actually. Although, on the road it wouldn't have, and neither would the car.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of RR's have a form to fill in and sign before you run stating that you run at your own risk and that the company will not be liable for any damages caused.

Cro

Meg'd r27

Admittedly the tyres weren't brand new and it's kind of being put down to tyre wear and just being unfortunate as anyone can be with a blowout on the road, lol not much left of the tyre to check anyway. Wing was fine pretty much, really bad lighting in the video make it look bad