ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre choices

t3 corolla 116bhp
currently have a set of 182 rims on an 02 dynamique running 205/45 r16 all round.

i need some new tyres, but i see most people are running 195 and not 205.

any reason for the difference or just personal preference?
also would like to hear from anyone who went from 205 to 195 or vice versa and if there's any noticable difference.

also, which tend to be cheaper? sorry for all the q's

ta

jonny

t3 corolla 116bhp
anyone notice any real grip difference with the wider track?
btw, recommend me a decent 195 tyre :)

t3 corolla 116bhp
within the 55 quid bracket?
seen some falkens on mytres.co.uk
had similar on my 15"dynamique rims, couldnt fault them. any1 have the 16s on their car?

DaveLiquid182

ClioSport Club Member
  Mercedes AMG GLE 53
I cant comment on the falkens because i dont know anything about them. But you deffo dont need to spend stupid money on PE2's for a dynamique.

t3 corolla 116bhp
thats what id figured. just looking to get a decent safe tyre, dont need track performance tyres or anything like that

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I cant comment on the falkens because i dont know anything about them. But you deffo dont need to spend stupid money on PE2's for a dynamique.

Being a Dynamique has nothing to do with it tbh. It's all relative, I'd just go with the best tyres. If you like driving, why get anything other than the best?

t3 corolla 116bhp
Being a Dynamique has nothing to do with it tbh. It's all relative, I'd just go with the best tyres. If you like driving, why get anything other than the best?

i hear what you're saying, but theres no point in buying the most expensive tyres just because you can. i just want a recommendation for a good performing tyre for general everyday use. id nearly see pe2s as a waste

obviously im not going to buy 30 quid tyres made of cheese :)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Why not?

My everyday tyres get hammered, thus, I buy good ones. They last longer and keep gripping till they pop.

I really don't see the benefit in skimping on tyres unless you're literally doing 30mph for a few miles down the road each day.

t3 corolla 116bhp
Why not?

My everyday tyres get hammered, thus, I buy good ones. They last longer and keep gripping till they pop.

I really don't see the benefit in skimping on tyres unless you're literally doing 30mph for a few miles down the road each day.

thats pretty much the height of it most of the time