ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre dressing...easy to remove/clean off?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
First thread from me ever in here LOL

Getting ready for Brands next week and I just remembered that the tyres I'll be running I leant to a member on here for a week not long ago.

In that time they saw fit to "dress" them meaning they've now got a lovely slippery outside inch of the tread and outer sidewall (no names mentioned...you know who you are ha ha ha ;) ).

Not ideal for track use...so is it easy to clean off, or am I going to have to spend the first few sessions dodging barriers/gravel/everyone else while I try to scrub it off?

Chocolate Bar™
scrubbing them with a strong mixture of fairly liquid or similar should strip most of it off, assuming of cause you arent into waxing the wheels and that malarky

Better than yours. C*nt.
ROFL! However Megs APC will do the job. Always use them for cleaning the old stuff off my tyres before dressing them.

Sold the sport :(
When racing bikes, we always used brake fluid to take the shine of new tyres - worked a treat but I'm not suggesting you use it though :)

I'd just take it easy for the first session and scrub them in slowly, you should be able to feel them sliding less as you get more confident

106 GTi
Depending what product it is it should be easy to remove. Most dressings are water based and will scrub off just using soapy water. Anything more durable will come off with All Purpose Cleaner or Autoglym Engine and Machine Cleaner.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Right, I'll try the old soapy water then...hope that works as it feels quite waxy.

Don't normally clean the wheels, but these will also be getting a fresh coat of vile coloured smoothrite before Brands :approve: