ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre fitters to avoid

CLIO 197 Ultra red
AVOID NATIONWIDE AUTOCENTRE DURHAM

had my car in today to get 2 new contis fitted

Anyway before i paid i wanted to check my wheels and saw this....

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

really p!ssed off... i could handle a small knick here or there but these are down to the metal

the bloke got snotty too and said if i had a problem to leave the car for 3 days to get painted. what a d!ck

anyway i demanded £40 off the price to get the wheel re painted.

got a price for a full metal back refurb and its about £50-£60 a wheel.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
ouch!!! f***ing idiots, they always take no care for other people belonging, but if you do it to them, its a whole different thing.

hope you get them back to mint condition m8.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I always watch them putting my tyres on, as I can see for myself if any damage is caused. At least you took the best course of action and get a resolution to it while you were there.

CLIO 197 Ultra red
i phoned the call centre and the manager is going to ring me back

im after more off them as the wheel refurb is £60 a wheel.

i got £40 of them straight away but as the wheel centre cant match the paint 100% i will need all 4 doing so i want more money off them to put towards it.

knob heads

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol can't believe you went to a nationwide and didn't expect this to happen.

I always stand with the fitters/help to make sure they try their best. Last time I was in with fresh wheels the guy said he'd never tried so hard except when he was doing the managers lol.

Although speaking to a few they seem to think it's pretty hard to damage wheels and you have to be a complete f*cktard.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The exact reason I travel 20 miles to use the same place I've used for years, even now I live in another county.

182 Cup ITB
You shouldn't need 4 done. I kerbed mine a while back and the mobile guy got a match by mixing different shades first then comparing them on bits of cardboard against the other wheels. Cost £70 which was not the cheapest but OK.