ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre help....

1.8 Civic EX
I know this comes up all the time and I've done a search and quite frankley all the arguments have given me a head ache! lol

all I want to know is....the best all round tyre I can get for £50 (ish) per corner 195/45/16

let battle commence! :clown:

Clio 172
don't touch 'Stunner' because their not !! Everyone raves about Mich PE's but you 'd b lucky to get them for 50 quid. I chose Dunlop sp9000 for about 55 quid ish and I'm not disappointed.

Read the reviews on mytyres.com

Ryan, ive used a whole load of tyres (being a bit of a wheel *****!) toyo's are good but a bit s**t in the wet, the mich's are ok, but imo the best are the F1's.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i use these Uniroyal RainSport 1 tyres, from mytyres.co.uk, cheap, excellent, better than continetal. i recommend you try them, and you won't regret it, great int he wet and dry.

if you don't try you won't know, unlike that rubbish poll that existed, where people just stuck to what the manufacture put on, so the standard exaltos or continetals came the highest. People if you don't try different tyres how can you rate what you got ?

1.8 Civic EX
Phoned a place near me....supply fit, new valves, balancing and tracking 4 Uniroyal Rainsport 1's for £300 (ish) not too bad I guess....they have them in stock and I can pop in when ever I want to get them fitted, plus I get a 10% Discount with them through work

called another place a bit further away, they said that Uniroyal don't make Rainsports anymore?!?! won't be going there then! haha

cock mobile.
alexbleubolt said:
i use these Uniroyal RainSport 1 tyres, from mytyres.co.uk, cheap, excellent, better than continetal. i recommend you try them, and you won't regret it, great int he wet and dry.

if you don't try you won't know, unlike that rubbish poll that existed, where people just stuck to what the manufacture put on, so the standard exaltos or continetals came the highest. People if you don't try different tyres how can you rate what you got ?

I've tried them and thought they were pretty rubbish tbh.

But as I said, tyre choice is a personal preference, if it works for you then that's what matters.

1.8 Civic EX
goodyear eagle F1's...

I've just been offered Yoko A539's for £55 a corner incl fitting, balancing, valve and VAT, so I think I'll try these out as they seem very simular to the Uniroyal's...

1.8 Civic EX
oh well...haha, I've got Nangkangs on there at the moment and I've managed to spin the car twice in the wet with these on...so I should think anything is better than what I have at the moment...

cock mobile.
Saner said:
^^ not good in the wet at all imo. Best i've ever had in the dry tho!

Agreed, the A539s work well in the dry, but show them some rain and you'll be wanting to stay home :clown:

ST
PE2's, GD F1's, Toyo T1-R, Yoko A539's, Yoko Parada Spec 2's.....not in any particular order used some of the above over the last few years.

Remember cheap tyres aren't good tyres, they are the only thing keeping your car in contact with the road and as winter is coming up thick and fast maybe spending that extra £10-20 a corner isn't such a bad thing as the roads are going to be a bit more wet and slippy.

1.8 Civic EX
good point about getting what you pay for but the same place that will do the yoko's for £55 said they can also do the Uni's for £55 so thier can't be much difference between them, obviously the first place I called are a bit of a rip off... only prob being they can't get the uni's in before I go away but they already have the yoko's in stock so I'll got for them instead...