ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre pressures dropped

Clio 182 arctic
hey guys, i checked my tyre pressures lastnyt and was shocked to find that my rear o/s tyre read 17psi, wtf. it looked and felt solid and there was no visible sign of a puncture, how else could this have dropped so low, to be fair i havent checked them for a good few months (silly i know) but surely this shouldnt be like this.

S4 Avant
Sounds like a slow puncture.

I had a screw in my old tyre, spotted it a couple of months before it started to leak. Once the tyre wore down to the screw it was going down by about 4 psi a day.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
my front ones do this quite often, go down to 17psi then stay there, slightly annoying

Just checked mine earlier.

Front were down to around 24 and back drivers side was 10!

Put them all up to 32 and seemed so much better driving back to work.

As said its probably the cold weather, checked mine this weekend and they were all down a good 5-10psi. Feels much better now.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I run mine at 31 all round. You'll find the beading lets a bit of air out over a period of time. Its very common symptom with alloys. Best to check the pressures once a week.