ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Suggestions Please

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Many a thread of this and obviously the tyre poll too.

Just wondering whats best to go for on my 182 cup pack wheels for daily use?

And if anybody has any ideas where i can get decent part worn tyres of any suggested that would be awesome.

Thanks,

James

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Because theres no conclusive answer to my question, thats why i started it.

Fair enough i asked for a decent daily tyre suggestion, but i dont wanna pay a fortune for tyres.

ph1 172
You get what you pay for though, not an area where you want to save pennies!

I cannot wait to wear out my T1R's to replace them with PS3's

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
I understand you do as i had Prada's on my old car in 18s and they were expensive but awesome and lasted ages.

Just want to know which the best are for my money which are gonna be good enough for daily use and last a decent amount of time.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
This is the thing, when i bought the car it needed tyres in Feb and i had to get cheapest.

They've lasted till now and the grip has been ok but obviously not great.

This is why i wanna know which are best to go for that aren't stupid money.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I genuinely don't understand why you wouldn't buy the best you can afford when running a car like the 182. Its whole existence is down to the fact its designed to handle well and some people (granted not you) put proper mickey mouse budget tyres on them.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Have actually read what ive written?

I needed tyres there and then thats why i bought cheapest i could buy because i was skint after buying the car!!

Hense why im asking which tyres are best suited to the car for the best value for money as i dont want to just buy the most expensive as they might not be the best out there!

Ps3's now,used to be Pe2's.

As you said, many a thread on this so why start another?

I could of had a pair of them the other day for £45... ment 2 be part worn but lets just say they maybe seen 20 miles tops didnt notice them till after id had some hankook's fitted

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Whats the best size to go for on my 182 cup pack wheels too?

Ive got 205/45/16s atm as thats what was on when i bought it.

Ive been running ps3's since early this year, great tyre for sure. I did originally try to get conti sport contact 3 at the time due to there praise in evo but they didnt do them in 16" maybe they do now?

clio sport 182
when i bought my 182 i had maxxis tyres on the front and michelin pilots on the rear, i changed the front to pirreli p-zero and i personally found the grip was superb but have worn down far to quick so i have ordered the new michelin ps3's from camskill last night and at a price of £222 delivered it is more than i would normally like to pay for 2 tyres but as written above the cost of them now saves money in the future (i know its a front wheel drive car but the ps tyres on the rear have hardly reduced in tread size in a year and grip loads when being driving round the twisted lanes by me)

thats just my opinion and everybody has there own but im sure there must be a reason why they came as the standard car aswell

Seat Ibiza
I have Toyo Proxes 4 on mine, I find them good!
They last me 10k, they are good in the wet and the dry, when they get down to about 3mm of tread, they loose slot of grip in the wet, but I change Tyres around 3mm anyway. And most importantly they wear evenly after some heavy cornering.

But for £50 a tyre, I cant see PE3s are twice as good for £100 a tyre.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
There is no definitive answer, because there is no definitive answer.

Its all about preference. Put the best you can afford on. All the tyres discussed in the poll are okay.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Thanks for the more helpful answers. Might have another search on some sites to see what prices are about!

Impreza Wagon
Another vote for hankook v12's however they weren't as good as the pe2's but they're half the price!

They last me 10k, they are good in the wet and the dry, when they get down to about 3mm of tread, they loose slot of grip in the wet, but I change Tyres around 3mm anyway. And most importantly they wear evenly after some heavy cornering.

Toyo are rubbish in the wet. If you think they are good, have a go with some PE2s or the new PS3 dude.

Seat Ibiza
Toyo are rubbish in the wet. If you think they are good, have a go with some PE2s or the new PS3 dude.

Really? My next Tyres will be pe3s anyway, I don't like having different Tyres on my car, so 4 michelins for me next year!

I don't see the point in asking for peoples advice, to then go and do the opposite.

Only 2 posts earlier, I stated that the T1-R is a crap tyre in the wet. Not that it means too much, it's only October ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The Toyo's are just crap. Doesn't matter what the weather is like.

Some people have different budgets.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I like them on track though. Because they move so much it makes the car so much more fun. 888's and the like are dull on track because there's no drama.

The Toyo's are just crap. Doesn't matter what the weather is like.

Some people have different budgets.

Yeah I understand that, I don't assume that everyone has money to throw at cars. But I'm sure you could buy a better tyre for the money.

Rain Sport 2's are a pound more.

The V12's were only £3 more.

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Ive just bought a full set of Pirelli Pzero's for the 182, having them fitted next week! Dont see many people recommending them on here but magazines etc rave about them.. Good Choice?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Ive just bought a full set of Pirelli Pzero's for the 182, having them fitted next week! Dont see many people recommending them on here but magazines etc rave about them.. Good Choice?

I got 2 P-Zero Neros a few years ago on the Cup...I wasn't personally a fan...seemed to wear quickly and weren't as good as the Contis overall.

MK3 GTI golf 16v

this, i have toyo proxes on mine and they have done around 12K miles and still have life in them. about £50 a tyre as well, and i have not lost grip with them yet