ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre wall gel

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
hi, i normally use a spray, and dont get the dark black shiney look im after! what gels out there will do the job?

Thanks

Hon

106 GTi
Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber is a spray and works well for me.

Gel wise, Meguiars Endurance is good.

Turtle Wax tyre gel is good! (lime green bottles)

i got 4 bottles when it was BOGOF at halfords lol

RS 200
G7516_ENDHGLOSSGEL.gif

Megs Endurance High Gloss here

DSC_0032.jpg

Chris

106 GTi
It does lasts well, even through rain.

When you wash the cars unless you scrub the tyres it stays on as well.

Megane Trophy
but it does take a few applications to get it into the tyre wall, at the moment mine fades after a few days or just ends up down the side of the car

106 GTi
I have never had a problem with splatter from the Endurance. It works best on tyres that have been really cleaned and scrubbed first though.

RS 200
I've had splatter when I've done a rush job and put too much on. I put a thin beed around the tyre and move it around with a paint brush, finally evening out and mopping up any excess that can fly off with an applicator pad.

Chris

BMW Z4 3.0i
I didn't really fancy spending that long dressing tyres, but I guess if it lasts twice as long you only do it half as much.

I used turtlewax "wet'n'blck" spray, then simonez "tyre black etc" (which was poor) and currently I'm using armorall tyre stuff which is really great, but lacks staying power.

RS 200
GazCB said:
I didn't really fancy spending that long dressing tyres, but I guess if it lasts twice as long you only do it half as much.

I used turtlewax "wet'n'blck" spray, then simonez "tyre black etc" (which was poor) and currently I'm using armorall tyre stuff which is really great, but lacks staying power.

It doesnt really take that long to do them, 10 mins max couple of mins at each tyre. Worth the extra few minutes as it does a better job than the quick fix sprays that wear off if some one brings a cup of water by them.

Sprays are ok for a quick impressive result but for endurance you'll be needing a gel, applied with care.
I've used Supagard and Meguiars sprays and another down point with them is that they can leave a mark on your drive, especially in the summer when the ground is dry.

Chris

106 GTi
Does'nt take more than a few mins to do all the tyres here for me. A nice thick inch and half paintbrush or foam applicator.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
Thanks for the replys, i will be looking out for the meg's endurance in halfords when im next there. will give my tyres a good scrub in the meanwhile! :D

Thanks
Hon

Yep I use 2 coats of Megs Endurance followed by a coat of AG vinyl and rubber. Works a treat.

106 GTi
The Big Yin said:
Dont you recommend to use AG machune cleaner first to get the sh*t off

Indeed - a good scrub with AG Engine and Machine cleaner or Meguiars APC to get the tyres nice and clean is must first.