ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyres again, but please help...

Hi all,

I know this has been done many times but I would really love some input. I need to replace my rears on the 172.

Currently have F1's but I keep hearing good things about Exaltos. Has anybody experience of the both on the clio?

ANy other suggestions would be more than welcome.

Cheers :)

Oops

I should have said, I am finding difficulty at the minute finding F1's and I have also heard that there are two different batch, ones made in Germany which are fine and ones made in china which are apparently ditch finders. Hence the thought of trying exaltos or another type.

Cheers

Black 197
I ran 2 sets of uniroyal rain sport when I had my Mk2 172. Although they are the same dimensions as the standard ones they fit slightly proud of the rim meaning they look wider but prevent u kerbing the wheel aswell. Excellant grip especially in wet and good compound, lasted a good 14k on the front. Dont pay more than about £60 each.....If I had a 172 again I would run it on these. Cant comment on the other tyres though sorry.

60 quid sounds alright, some joker in ATS was looking 110 each for the F1's...

Might be worth a look, would love to know how the exaltos compare to F1's.

fraid not mate, over in NI, otherwise I would use mytyres but they add 10 quid a tyre delivery cost.

The local tyre places here can do good deals but it helps to know what I want as they always try and push some sh1t make.

Cheers

steve