ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyres again

right now i have standard rims i need tyres

i keep hearing good things about

EAGLE F1 GS-D2 but they are 81 each on my tyres seems a bit much

what else is very good

P ZERO SYSTEM Asimmetrico

RainSport 1

A539

i want good tyres TELLL MEEEEEEEEEEE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you :D

Phone Dartford Tyre and Acessories Get yourself some Bridgestone RE720s I got all 4 for £195 most quoted 240+ for them.... These are far better that F1s and toyos you reed the reviews.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 12 December 2003

Youve said yourself theyre not as good..r****d. Dont listen to Tom, hes poor.
They are now, it just took a while to bed/run/whatever them in.

Contis are good but they have a rather annoying habbit of not working when the tread gets to a certain level, despite being way above legal.

Whats the point of having a tyre that lasts half as long?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I personally will be purchasing some Uniroyal Rainsport tyres. Particualarly as we are gonna be hitting a lot of crappy weather.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

So you say they take a few miles to bed in then tom ? best do a few quick laps of the motorway when I get em.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yeah they were pretty terrible for the first few 100s

(only in the dry)

All tyres take about 100 miles to bed in. r****d boy doesnt even know that so why take his recommendations! Never listen to him. Ever.

At the end of the day the tests in magazines are pretty damn thorough..and the F1s came up top this year and the Contis came second. Its as simple as that.

Tom said: Contis are good but they have a rather annoying habbit of not working when the tread gets to a certain level, despite being way above legal.

But he has only had rainsports for a few k max, right? So you cant really compare.

Sucker!

-Rob

LOL. Proxies suck in the wet. Rainsports are THE wet tyre.

Apparently the best way to bed in...is to get em fitted to the back...do 200/250 miles with them on the back then swap em to the front. Last longer that way.

I bedded mine wrong..which is why im going to get another set fitted..within 6k..my third set with 12k. humph.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

LOL shut yer face. ive done nearly 5k since i got them.

You calling the other people who said rainsports retards too?

Fact is i got them because they were £55 and im very impressed.

(!) Nah - good tyres. The owner of the garage that fitted them has them on his evo and he thinks they are VERY good. Think theyre about 40quid a corner for me....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well I have Toyos on the front just now.. and quite honestly they are terrible in the wet, but excellent in the dry.

Hence the change to a more winter tyre is in order (that and the fact the toyo wear down so damn fast)

Yup all retards!

Seriously though, to state the obvious, tyres keep you on the road..get the best. I.E not gaysports

-Rob

I find my Toyos the best tyres ive had in the wet so far.

Im sure the Evo test put them second behind the F1s in the wet tests but i dont have that Evo anymore.

The Contis came out best in the dry but one of the worst in the wet*

*this is from memory so it could all be completely wrong LOL - im sure someone has that Evo lying around.

whenever anyone gets new tyres...they always rant about how good they are...probably becuase theyve been driving on balds for a few weeks before. lol.

Dog...just get the Rainsports.

the amount of times i nearly killed my self last night argh

let my mate drive it last 4 miles home never again he almost crashed it within 4 seconds of starting !!!! torque steer understeer and wet roads lovely lol oh and him only been used to a 1.6mk4 golf lol

well i may just point out, in an attemp to rid you of Toyo Proxes T1-S

they are the worst tyre in the wet i have ever used, that includes budget tyres, they simply have no grip whatsoever, they were ok in the dry, but nowhere near as good as the F1 or GSD-2

though my suggestion for best all-round tyre would be Uniroyal Rainsports