ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyres for 172 cup

Astra SRI/ Hornet
just wondering what tyres the 172 cup came on out of the show room, cos i typed my reg in a tyre search and it came up with 195/50 profile when i have 45 on at the min.
plus any1 tried continental conti sport contacts on a cup cos i found a price for 4 fitted for £332.

Jag Mondeo -Type
Definately came with 195/45/16s, but some people change to 205/45/16s.

I thought the conti's were quite good on my cup, and are what came as standard on the 172 cup.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah the trophy has 205 thought about doing that but some1 with a trophy said the turinis are wider on them. Wonder if ya get more grip from those.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ More rubber =more grip . 205'S will fit your cup Turinis The cup came with 195 / 45 / 16's with continental sport contact 2's .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Really, i thought you had to buy tyres that were the correct size for the wheel.

You do . But a wheel will accept different sizes of tyres , you have a certain tolerance either way For example you could fit a 195 tyre on a 182 wheel even though it came with a 205 tyre as standard .

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Could give them a try, saving for some coilovers to put on, the tyres wouldn't rub with those on would they.

Banana
205's will rub a bit on the front bumper bracket if you have coilovers, 195's are not so bad.
Contis are good for the money, but are a bit skittish in the wet. Pirelli Pzero neros are just as cheap and are grippier imo.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I have conti's and find them ideal for all scenarios. They came with the car as OE for a reason i guess ...|The P Zeros it came on, whilst nearly new were sh1te in the damp/wet, hence i threw them in the bin.

Should be able to get 4 x contis on a 195/45/16 for £280 fitted on blackcircles.com

Focus ST
I've got PE2's on the front and some s**t ones on the rear that i'l be replacing soon

Blackcircles.com seem to be decent