ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres for a track day!

Civic Type R-GT (2007)

Hi Guys/Girls!

Am thinking of doing a track day in the near future and was wandering if any one could recommend what setup to go for..

Dont know whether to buy myself a 2nd set of wheels and equip them with slicks, or just go down there when my road tyres are a bit worse for wear and finish them off?

Am planning on doing a few trackdays, so do u think the investment in the slicks is worthwhile?

Geoff.

172, Tiguan

up to you, though those are road legal (just)

just finished getting them sorted so planning to do a few trackdays in December or early next year.

Want to start with Goodwood, but also want to do Donington, etc etc!!

Civic Type R-GT (2007)

cool!

yea was thinking about the cut slicks, that way u can drive down there with them on rather than have to lug another set of wheels down with u!

Did u buy ur spair set of wheels through renault?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but..

whats the format of a trackday, how long do u get out on the track, are there quite a few rules, whats the average cost etc?

Have only driven at thruxton a few times doing various lotus and ferrari days etc.

172, Tiguan

Track time varies wherever you go, find http://www.bookatrack.co.ukwww.bookatrack.co.uk quite usefull. Bought the wheels on here (cheers Rob) then managed to blag the tyres off of my uncle so only had to pay for fitting, balancing etc.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Avon are a good choice...The tyre offers good performance and excellent grip, we ran them in FF last year.