ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyres! How are the Toyo Proxie TR-1's?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Have them on 1 set of wheels and Yoko parada spec 2 on the other set, all round the toyos are a good tyre, good grip in both wet and dry conditions but the width is less than a tyre of the same dimension i have found.

Black Gold with cup packs
The toyo's I can get for £69 a tyre, without fitting. I can get Eagle F1's for £76 without fitting! and exalto's for £87 without fitting!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
i love the exalto's on mine.. spend the bills on the best u can afford IMO. it's only the tyres keepin u on the road

330ci sport
I had them on my scoob when I got it, comparable to the Eagle F1's, although seem to wear quicker and do give up earlier in the wet. I then went to Eagle F1's, found these a fair bit better in the dry, but leaps and bounds ahead in the wet. Just got 2 new Exaltos on the cup and they're mega both wet and dry. Pays your money takes your choice. I'd opt for the Exaltos, very closely followed by the Eagle F1's, then the toyos. Id go as far to say the little more spent on the F1's probably equates to less than what you'll save in tyre life.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I found them shite in the wet on my 172 , wouldn't ever have Toyos again . There are alot better tyres out there . Exaltos would be my choice everytime .

Evo 6, E92 320d
Come to think of it my dad has them on his Kia Sorento, they are 20" wheels though so a bit bigger;), anyway its got about 170bhp and a shed load of torque and that grips very well with them (only spun it once lol)

ClioSport 182
:) I have had a set of 205/45-16 T1-R's on mine for a month or so and they are pretty good, don't tramline as much as the Exalto's that were on it before, grip is good and they have given me better feed back in the wet where the Exalto's would hold on and the suddenly just let go. Have had T1-S on two Scoobys in 16" and 17" and both sets were excellent. And they were £275 fitted for all four.

Been using them for years. Always been impressed. Good balance between wet and dry performance. Biggest flaw is they do wear quite faster than others.

Have just put a set of scrubbed in 195's on my cup and they are working very well. They really do come to with a few thousand on them.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I always went for Toyos on my old ph1, a bit nervous in the wet but fantastic grip in the dry, and excellent price too.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just had 2 Toyos fitted to my clio and they were £40 fitted (15's) and I was very impressed with them. Grip was really really good.

Never drove it in the rain though.