ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres!!Yoko c-drive, conti contacts, goodyear efficient grip, or michy pilot exal's??

Clio 172
Right, ordering some TD pro race 1.2s tomorrow and want some decent premium rubber wrapped around them, the application is for fast road, it's never gonna be used on a track but it has been getting a severe horsing around the North Yorkshire Moors of late...

The tyres I have narrowed it down too are;

YOKOHAMA C.DRIVE2 (AC02)
CONTINENTAL PREMIUM CONTACT 2
GOODYEAR EFFICIENT GRIP
MICHELIN PILOT EXALTO PE2

Being a tyre fitter my choice would be the Michelin's but since I have never had any of the above fitted (apart from the conti's, but that was on a old golf cabby that didn't go above 80) I wouldn't know whats best...

Sooooooooo, anyone with a rubber fetish that has a opinion on these, your comments would be welcome ;)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Re: Tyres!!Yoko c-drive, conti contacts, goodyear efficient grip, or michy pilot exal

Have a read through the tyre poll at top of this section mate plenty of reviews in there.

I've done plenty of miles on the Contisport contacts 1 and 2 and also the Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 , both very good tyres with plenty of grip wet and dry.
I'd lean towards the Michelin as they seem to wear a little bit better ime. If you can still get them as they have been replaced by the Pilot Sport 3 iirc

Clio 172
Re: Tyres!!Yoko c-drive, conti contacts, goodyear efficient grip, or michy pilot exal

ahh didn't see that! thanks dude! yeah they must be a back log of them as there still available :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

PE2 out of those for me also but they are getting harder to find now as they've been replaced witht hw PS3 (as above).

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

I would go for the Michelins out of them.

What size you going for? Is it 195/50/15?

Lotus Elise

Michelins and don't look back.

​/thread

172 Track Car

I'm currently in love with my Toyo R1Rs in 205/50 r15

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member

change the conti's for sportcontact premuimcontact are a luxury tyre. (actually, the first three you mention are a 'comfort' tyre)
think they only do them in 195 though....

wish they did the 5P in 16"