ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres

The tyres on my 106 are nearing the end of their lives so I wanna replace them all with some nice super grippy summer rubber.

Ideally looking for a good all round tyre (something that maintains some grip in the wet) but also something that wont die in 1000 miles...

Was thinking Toyos, Yokos or maybe P-Zeros? Any suggestions?

go to mytyres.co.uk enter your tyre size then when you get results back with prices you can check out the outcome of testing they have undergone.

Seems like Micheline Pilot Exaltos, Pirelli P-zeros, Goodyear F1 and UniRoyal Rainsport are the best.

Mk IV 200 RS trophy

just got a new set of Toyo Proxes, and what a difference they make to the grip. best tyres i have ever had on a car. and the grip in the wet is much better than a lot of people have told me, stuck to the road like glue (might have a bit to do with the road surface dont know). i have had Toyos before but the new ones are a lot better than the old ones.

Uniroyal rainssports are very good esp when there is alot of standing water on the road, i find when taking a corner really fast, when i start to accelerate out of it the frnt end slides out failry easily, but dunno if that is down to the tyres, plannign to get eagle F1s next though

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Would probably go for Michelin, seeing as its getting summery and should be less water about. Eagle F1s for winter and something like Bridgestone RE050 or Michelin Exalto for summer.