ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres

Got a nail through my tyre last night...... They were getting pretty low anyway got 2 bald ones so thought 4 new ones would be nice.

That means I wont have wider tyres on the front no more :-(

Im going for bridgestones RE720 195 50 15s I think they the best Ive ever used good all round all weather tyre... Got some quotes, VR rating just to make sure.... most was around 60-65 a tyre... Phone good old Dartford Tyre and accessories they quoted £195 all 4!! I can tell ya they are the best in Kent... They are pretty good for alloys too!

I only changed the fronts coz they were bald and I had 185 55 15s standard and they were £25 more than the 195 50s........ Its a front wheel drive anyway so more grip is needed from the front rather than rear so it cornered faster and kept the revs up through the corners.... Also had a nice lift off oversteer which I loved.... Now I got to be normal again :-(

Youll still get lift off oversteer. 10mm difference in the tyres wont affect the way the car handles that much.

Has anyone ever tried 205/50 15 on a std 16v. Wheels are well wide enough (in fact its what yokohama recommend for 6 1/2" rims) and the overall diameter is only about 1mm over std 185/55s.

I was told by Dartford Tyres that 205s wouldnt go on 15" rims coz they are not wide enough... There is already hang over on 195s so 205s would take the pee.. lol