ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres

Will need a couple of new tyres for my 172 to replace the Michelin Pilots on the front.

What do ya reckon my best choice would be for the standard 15" alloys?

Darren

ff 182

Hi mate just bought some avon tyres for the back of my carthey are mint and the back end grips wicked.

Id fit what ever you have on the rears to the front also.

Mixing tyres can be bad for you as the different levels of grip can cause your car to loose traction quicker than you thought. Stick with what you know is good.

Tony

trouble with tyres is that everyone has a different view. Some say put new tyres on the back, others say swopping back to fronts is more dangerous as rear tyres wear differently.

Does anyone know for sure what is the safest way to change your tyres?

Skoda Fabia vRS

always put the new ones on the back, the back end steppin out is a lot easier to control than if the front decides its goin....

Michelin Pilot Exaltos are top tyres.......if you had these before id get em again

if you want somethin good but with a cheaper price id recommend the Uniroyal Rainsports....

Brun,

good comment but the other side of the coin states that the front tyres will scrub in quicker than the rears ;)

Tony

ive got toyo proxes t1-ss on mine, very sticky, but do wear quickly

however i would recommend them

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

also got t1s.. would also recommend them.. much increased grip in the wet is the most notable thing about them from the original contis

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

ive just put two yoko avs sport on the back and did swap from front to back.noticed no change and the tyres have much more grip than the standard contis...

Skoda Fabia vRS

dont get Proxes over Exaltos, my mate Paul(coolspot007007) has just got these an he reckons there sh*t compared to his Exaltos he had one before!

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

yup not impressed with the Toyos, but i dont expect many people have tried Exaltos due to the price, Im getting Exaltos as soon as the GTT is in, i need to be able to put the power on the road!

Thanks for the advice.

I have already swapped my front & rear tyres around & havent noticed any problems.

I just thought it would be better having more tread on the front & maybe make the back a bit more lively;)