ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ubuntu linux 7.04 *Released*

182 w/busted splitter :-(
For those of you who may be interested, Ubuntu linux 7.04 has been released today!

New versions of the ISO images for the "Desktop", "Server" and "Alternate" versions of Ubuntu are now available.

For those of you wanting to try linux, Ubuntu is a very good distribution to start with.

More info here http://www.ubuntu.com/

This site includes all the download location and mirror sites (for ISO and Torrents).

Enjoy!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
wouldnt bother with direct downloads.. the server are getting hammered !

182 w/busted splitter :-(
It has the newest (and shiniest) GNOME, plus the latest updates to the kernel and other packages.

Up from 6.10, they've also put a lot of work into wireless networking, including - by default - an easy to use WLAN configuration tool (think similar to Windows' one). They are really targetting ubuntu at the "desktop" linux user.

Any required CODECS for playing multimedia content can also be downloaded automatically as they are required, too.

There are the usual hundreds of bug fixes and performance improvements, as well.

172 Cup
wouldnt bother with direct downloads.. the server are getting hammered !

Try http://se.releases.ubuntu.com/7.04/

ubuntu.jpg

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
ah so its you knicking all the bandwidth !!

normally get 5-6MB/s gave up just now as its too busy and slow speeds.. cant be arsed going around all the mirrors just now..

RB 182
That video looks great.

Still having problems trying to connect to my wireless which I always seem to have problems with. Used the disc as a live CD and it found the networks but only allowed WEP but I've got WPA encryption on my router.

Really want to get it sorted so I can learn more about etc

Clio 172
I just did a distro upgrade from edgy to fiesty and have no problems at all. Download was snappy at 760KB and post download config and install took around an hour. Everything works including 3D (Guildwars in wine np).

RB 182
Got my wireless working now which I've not managed to do on Linux before, so I'll get rid of the beta version of Vista and replace it with this :D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
downloads will be faster now ofcourse ! the rush to grab the latest is over now lol

I have a work latop which I have resisted putting linux on for a number of reasons (too boring to go into). I think I may dual boot with fiesty though..

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've tried to install this on my PS3 but when I enter the OS via the Live CD the screen res is incorrect and I cannot see the bottom of the open windows. How can I correct this so that I can follwo the install screens?