ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH issue

Hello, I seem to have a problem with my UCH where the lights will flash on and off fast, there's a rapid clicking noise, the wipers will turn themselves on/off on their own etc. Do I need to disconnect the battery before removing the UCH from the car (to stop the Airbags deploying or something) or is removing the fuse for the UCH sufficient?

Also, which Earth's would you recommend I check? (I haven't got a clue how many there are or where they are located) I know there's a bad one on the back light that causes the brake light to dim a bit when the lights are on when indicating and maybe a bad one on a side light that works intermittently but the wipers and the clicking happens when the lights are off so can't see it being down to either of these since there's no power going to the lights. (if that makes sense?)

Edit: Thought I'd mention, it was clicking fast when I bought the car but it's only gotten to the point where the lights (when on) are flashing on and off, wipers turning themselves on etc since the cambelt was done so very interested to hear if there's a Earth wire anywhere near the cambelt cover that the mechanic might not of put back on coreectly.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Theres one near the gearbox iirc? Also might be worth checking the relays and cleaning them with contact cleaner