ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH issues

Clio 2007 Dynamique
Hi All!

Looking some advice as I am a bit of a novice when it comes to electrics in Cars. My Clio 2007 MK3's hazard lights have started going off intermittently. My mechanic changed the switch and it all stopped. However on Friday after heavy rain they started going off again. I have been told by the mechanic that I need a new UCH however I think it is related to the rain. Would it be worthwhile taking the wipers and scuttle off and cleaning it out? Can a UCH dry out or will it have been damaged by the rain?

Thanks

182 clio
Hi All!

Looking some advice as I am a bit of a novice when it comes to electrics in Cars. My Clio 2007 MK3's hazard lights have started going off intermittently. My mechanic changed the switch and it all stopped. However on Friday after heavy rain they started going off again. I have been told by the mechanic that I need a new UCH however I think it is related to the rain. Would it be worthwhile taking the wipers and scuttle off and cleaning it out? Can a UCH dry out or will it have been damaged by the rain?

Thanks
check floor after heavy rain fall to see if wet.
Water maybe getting inside car and messing with your electrics

Clio 2007 Dynamique
check floor after heavy rain fall to see if wet.
Water maybe getting inside car and messing with your electrics
Thanks William84! Everything was fine today until I used the windscreen washers! After about 10 mins flashers started going off! I opened the bonnet and water had leaked onto where I think UCH is! Top right corner?

182 clio
Thanks William84! Everything was fine today until I used the windscreen washers! After about 10 mins flashers started going off! I opened the bonnet and water had leaked onto where I think UCH is! Top right corner?
Not sure the placement on mk3.
check the drains upat window arnt bunged up

182 clio
Seems it's inside the car behind glovebox from what I can find.
That's where mines is located on mk2 aswell.