ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uh oh..Squeaks when pulling away!

Hey all,
Hope someone can help me on this one.
My 2002 1.2 Dynamique squeaks when pulling away. If I pull away very very gently it doesn't do it but any attempt to pull away at speed or when changing into second feeding the power in same time as coming off the clutch gives me the squeak!!

Im thinking it must be the clutch,(its not a fan belt type shriek its a little squeak when im mixing clutch with gas!)

Advice on this one?! Anything that can be done before it gets worse or is it just a sign that the clutch is going, 3yrs old 23k on the clock.

Thanks
Noel

S2000
I'm getting the same sort of noise on my Clio which is a Mk1 1.4RT. It's been suggested on here that it's probably the thrust bearing which will cos ta fair bit in labour to get done :(

At the moment I only hear the noise every now and then so I'm not sure if I'll bother replacing it anytime soon because the noise isn't there all the time.