ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UK Plug redesigned (Concept)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Awesome, this would fix soooo many problems.

[YOUTUBE]f6DvjKkGT6s[/YOUTUBE]

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
As far as inovation in plugs goes.. kewl !!

I like that fact that one wouldn't have to rewire their house to use this new system... seems like a winner to me although I would be concerned about proper insulation through that thin plastic.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL. That just had to be an Apple design. Yep, I spend hours on a daily basis fretting about the vast quantities of open void that my plugs use.

Interesting idea, but you have to ask why? Reinventing the wheel with a smaller wheel kind of springs to mind.

D.

Cupra
Amazing idea! Looks so much less painful to stand on too. UK plugs have to be some of the nastiest things to put your foot on...ever.

I like it. Wouldn't waste my time changing any plugs I currently have, but a cool idea for new items.

What a long video for something that could be explained in a picture.

Good idea though, Although i dont care how big plugs are ive always thought they could be a lot smaller.

RS 172 cup
so what about the big lumpy tansformer in the middle of you cables (between the plug and the end jack) personally thats the bit that f***s me off

SQ5
Looks awesome TBF, and doesn't look flimsy at all, piece of plastic at 2mm would be sufficient enough on the fold out wings, and the 3way power block is a brilliant idea!

a burnt one
Good idea that, wonder if she has patented it.

Im off to see Duncan Bannantyne and Theodopopolipodopodus at the den, i have an idea i need to run past them, can't tell you guys though, you might steal it.

Last edited:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Interesting concept-a novel spin on a common them. Agree with the comments RE wear on the pivot contact & eventual risk of it arcing though. Other than that, its pretty smart.

B

Brown.

Has no one noticed polarity issues? hope the clever b**ch puts some tabs or stop so ya cant put live in the neutral.....other wise pretty sweet idea!

E87 118d M Sport
Looks pretty good tbh, can see the limitations, but like most things, once so many have been sold they would get much cheaper and I bet people would snap them up!!! For anyone travelling they look fantastic!

DMS

A thirsty 172
There are obvious flaws that would prevent all plugs from becoming like that, but it's designed more for travel applications to save space than it is for day to day use. Therefore, the pivot mechanism probably wouldn't wear out too quickly in most cases and the risk of shocks would be minimal if the workmanship is up to standard.
It's a very good idea though. I can see them catching on as long as they don't make them all in Thailand.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Been a long time coming that, but it begs the question why hasn't that been thought of before when its such a simple concept!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Been a long time coming that, but it begs the question why hasn't that been thought of before when its such a simple concept!

Because it's not really needed! :cool:

At the very best case scenario, I can see a need for laptop users having one of these. But then most power supplies are bulky and get in the way anyway, so a standard 3-pin plug is hardly a problem.

As for everything else, what do you regularly plug and unplug? A hoover, maybe?

D.

E87 118d M Sport
uk-folding-plug-20090623-486.jpg

E87 118d M Sport
watch the video when you get in, itl make it all clear. good video actually!
very nice plug for people who have alot of cash (macbook air buyers etc) who want everything to be small and easily transportable. i guarantee if this was like $20-30 it would seel from the apple store!
the multi-plug was the major interest! it was basically a normal shapped plug with slots in the side that the new design slotted into in the closed state, so you could fit 3 into the space of a normal plug.
and you had a usb adaptor that fitted into one of the slots too. very good idea, presume it was designed for some uni degree project or something? not too sure? but a very interesting watch!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Because it's not really needed! :cool:

At the very best case scenario, I can see a need for laptop users having one of these. But then most power supplies are bulky and get in the way anyway, so a standard 3-pin plug is hardly a problem.

As for everything else, what do you regularly plug and unplug? A hoover, maybe?

D.

Have you ever seen behind most AV racks, Tv's, Hifi systems etc etc? of course its needed! not to mention a whole lot safer in terms of connections, how many 3 way adaptors do you see falling out of walls due to the weight?

And its a no brainer to me as far as kids are concerned, I'd rather them stand on one of those that a normal plug.