ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ultra Clean GTi

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Seen this on the social media and I have to say its is amazing.

Totally stunning and such a rare wee car now a days.

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg
010.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Are you laughing at me or with me?? Can’t just be me that thinks a £200 wheel refurb has let down a £5/6k refresh??
Nah I’m laughing at the cheek of just slapping shitty wheels on it. Tbf the exhaust just looks like a crappy hammerite job too

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That will get some proper money I bet.

Looks lovely (apart from the inside wheels) lol

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I’d question that spray job. Looks ok from 10ft but it also looks like it was sprayed in a garage.

106 and Saxo prices are really on the up now.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Look at the engine ancillaries on the picture of underneath, could have atleast sprayed the manifold in some VHT or just wrapped it. Appears clean but not a nut/bolt restoration which is a shame. Sure itll be advertised as one when put up for sale!

I was hoping it was mint and un touched. Anyone (with the time and money) can sort a nut and bolt strip down and re build. It's still pretty cool though.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I was hoping it was mint and un touched. Anyone (with the time and money) can sort a nut and bolt strip down and re build. It's still pretty cool though.

Anyone...really.

That's why there are so many mint 90s cars floating about and they're worth tuppence, right?

YouuuUu stupid boy, Pike.:LOL:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Even if its not 100% factory fresh it's still probably one of the best out there. Shame they don't still make all the parts for 90's shopping trolleys eh🙄.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Looks lovely that. Love them in yellow and won't be many around like that. Though a bit too nice to use, which is a shame. I'd love one of these or a Saxo VTS, but the prices are a bit rich for me.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Clearly the price for these are going up and up.

Dont know if I could pump £18k into a 106 tho.

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 21.28.40.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 21.29.04.png

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
A mate of mine got offered an S1 Rallye for £1k when we were about 18. We often say that he should have bought it and by God he should have.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
They were a decent little car back in the day. Probably not as good as a swift sport now though. If this is a restoration because the guy had one new and liked it then fair enough. If it's going up for sale then it's money wasted probably. If I could I'd sink every spare penny I have into a 5 GTT because I had one when I was 19 and it was great, and so we're the other two I had later. But if I did that I'd be buried in it rather than sell it before petrol runs out.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's a great build. It's gonna be worth a fortune. The 106gti is one of the best cars I've ever owned. Definitely the most fun I've had. It was OEM+ and silver, just took abuse! Also my first speeding ticket!

It's no Rallye though! Oh and the paint job is average at best, probably sprayed solid colour so can polish the life out it.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Love that. Had exactly the same car and colour and like @Sir_Dave it got wrote off in the early 2000’s. Great car, nimble handling, food packaging interior but my 172 cup was in a different league when i swapped it in 2006. Do miss it tho and you never see any around anymore.

Ever driven one? The pedals are too close together and off set.
We had one as a company car years ago and i couldnt drive the thing despite trying quite a few times.
Maybe they wern't built with size 11 feet in mind.

I’m in the same camp. I always wanted one in my youth until I’d driven one. Which is one by I stuck with Clios.