ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultra Red 200.

What would you pick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Re: Ultra Red 200 ordered.

Hopefully.

Its still at the import centre doing the morning butty run, most likely.

Going to head over and see it this weekend, even if it's not registered and ready.

The latest it could be ready for collection is the 25th. I think that's the following Tuesday?

AK

M240i

Yeah, make sure you clear it with your boss....

LOL'd @ using it for the butty run.

AK

M240i

I'll put a £5er on 5+ miles and a helpful 'detail' by the local Polish kid, with a broom. With wooden bristles.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Nah, my sales guy is spot on. I've told him that I don't want it washed and asked for the plates to be attached with velcro.

They'll be swapped for the plain ones I ordered yesterday once I get it home.

Ok, maybe I'm a little excited now. :eek:

3c4169cd.jpg

Shall we just organise a meet/party for you to attend after you've picked it up.

Could even get it a little cake.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

It's great having the computer equipment on site to zero Mileages...

Do cars still need running in these days? That'd kill me - A brand spanker 200 and I couldn't take it over 3k rpm.

I'd just have to spend all night circling the '60 until it was run in.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Once it's up to temperature it'll be getting some mixed driving. I don't do 'running in'

I don't do 'thrashing the nuts off it' either. I'll just drive it with sympathy, as usual.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Smooth and hard, that's how they like it.

What are you expecting the dealership to forget Chris?

I remember when my 172 Cup was delivered, had a list to check for splitter, wheel key, service book etc. etc. as it seemed so many arrived without.

Saw the original checklist in the documents whan I sold it recently...sniff.

320d

Once it's up to temperature it'll be getting some mixed driving. I don't do 'running in'

I don't do 'thrashing the nuts off it' either. I'll just drive it with sympathy, as usual.

That's what I'd do. You've got a 4 year warranty, do what you want with it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Got mine on Friday. lol.

It's easier for you though, since you work for the dealership it's being delivered to!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Smooth and hard, that's how they like it.

What are you expecting the dealership to forget Chris?

I remember when my 172 Cup was delivered, had a list to check for splitter, wheel key, service book etc. etc. as it seemed so many arrived without.

Saw the original checklist in the documents whan I sold it recently...sniff.

LOL.

Yeah, I'm checking all the options, both keys, books, locking nuts, RS mats & RS wheel insert.

They're adding a full tank of fuel too, so I've asked our sales guy to do that personally, rather than a workshop monkey.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Neither will I. lol.

If it comes on Monday or Tuesday it won't be collected until Wednesday anyway.

Might as well wait until pay day so I can do a North Wales trip on day one. That's the plan.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

LOL.

Yeah, I'm checking all the options, both keys, books, locking nuts, RS mats & RS wheel insert.

They're adding a full tank of fuel too, so I've asked our sales guy to do that personally, rather than a workshop monkey.

We are on the same page here. I've spoken with my dealership (Motorline) as they're putting a full tank in my 200... Told him I don't want to see it flying down the road with some spotty oik driving it. Wouldn't have got a new one if I wanted it to be the dealers b*tch, I've worked in dealers before, I've seen what demo cars go through haha.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

ive asked for mine to be acid bathed only ( sounds evil but im told it has to be done)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Some bloke with a Liquid Yellow 182 had the same treatment for free, recently.

I'd avoid it.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Top tip Chris, once you get it spend some time practicing opening and closing your door with the ridiculously placed door handle in high winds. It'll help avoid costly c*ck-ups.

Mini Cooper S sport

Hopefully.

Its still at the import centre doing the morning butty run, most likely.

Going to head over and see it this weekend, even if it's not registered and ready.

The latest it could be ready for collection is the 25th. I think that's the following Tuesday?

It even feels like ages to me and it's not my car!

ive asked for mine to be acid bathed only ( sounds evil but im told it has to be done)

What are you getting?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

apparently the best way to run it in is give it absolute death from day one as soon as its up to temperature.... so i heard. not 100% sure if its a good idea, infact im pretty f**king sure its not a good idea!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Any 200 owners know how much oil a 200 takes? The same 5.5l as the 182?

I'm going to buy some oil for it's mini-service before Le Mans. Sod doing 12k on the factory oil.

Mercedes

apparently the best way to run it in is give it absolute death from day one as soon as its up to temperature.... so i heard. not 100% sure if its a good idea, infact im pretty f**king sure its not a good idea!!

This my 197 was warmed and used from day one, to this day i think Paul @ RS Tunining says it was the highest bhp from a standard car

340i

You just know the PDI guy is going to take it for a cheeky rag around the port / import centre.

'Watch this... LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMITOR BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM'

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member

i agree with giving it death from day one, get it nice and warm then nail it..

my R27 was ex press and had been nailed from the first mile and like truffs, it was one of the strongest standard 197's TDF had seen she was a real goodun

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

LOL. Yup, it was a bonus of me ordering the RS Monitor; it's got an oil temp gauge.

That's my redline indicator. :eek:

So the 200 still takes 5.1l of oil then?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

its not actually an oil temperature guage apparently, no sender for it, it just works out rough oil temperature bassed on coolant temp someone mentioned on here.

my GT DCi pulled well after 20k miles of death from day one, my 200 let go of piston 3 at 147mph @ 2000 miles lol

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

its not actually an oil temperature guage apparently, no sender for it, it just works out rough oil temperature bassed on coolant temp someone mentioned on here.

my GT DCi pulled well after 20k miles of death from day one, my 200 let go of piston 3 at 147mph @ 2000 miles lol

Private road? True story?

Nah, my sales guy is spot on. I've told him that I don't want it washed and asked for the plates to be attached with velcro.

They'll be swapped for the plain ones I ordered yesterday once I get it home.

Ok, maybe I'm a little excited now. :eek:

Im afraid it will get washed Chris they all get washed at the import centre. Any joy with the chassis number?

Status
Not open for further replies.