ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ultraviolet

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Does anyone use this?

just bought the dark knight trilogy and it has a uv feature... I've just signed Up expecting to input a code to get the film on my account so I can stream it to my ipad... But I can't fathom out how it works? Can anyone shed some light.

as far as I can gather, it's a cloud based media centre, you can either buy films from iTunes/netflix/ hard copies etc and stream/download them from this site. Seems good in principal, but how the hell does it work lol

RX7 FD
I use Ultraviolet all the time, you have to sign up to various things and use an app called Flixster.

Pretty much I now only buy Blu-Ray with UV codes so I can watch them on the train to France each day as and when I want.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've been doing a bit of reading and it initially seems like a bit of hassle. But since I've not used it yet, I'll wait till I've got a collection going before giving my opinion.

RX7 FD
Well it works, and if you can deal with setting up some basic accounts they all link in. You download the film and through the app you can watch them offline :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
pain in the ass is my experience, was so much easier before ultraviolet came along

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I think I read somewhere that you need to be online to watch the hard copy DVD/blu ray too? Is that bullshit, Shirley must be?

also... I'll take any codes people have going... You know, to see if I like this system :eek:

RX7 FD
What you do with Flixster is after you authenticate the code and tie it to your account. Then you have then digital rights to the film. You can now download it to your device and watch it offline.

Complete crud that you need to be online to watch the DvD/Blu-Ray. Makes me laugh just thinking about it!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Brilliant, cheers.

I downloaded flixter last night. Ill sign up and have a play around when I get home

i thought it was bullshit but I wasn't certain with all the Internet ready tvs and blu ray players nowadays

RX7 FD
Yea it is really easy to use, the only annoying thing I have found is on my tablet (Nexus 7) it keeps prompting me that I am not connected to the internet. Obviously I know this so I have to cancel the message each time but thats the only irritant I have with the app.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I wondered what the little leaflets were.

I'll have a scooby through my BR collection and see which movies have UV codes, and can pass 'em on if someone would like them, I have no use for them.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I couldn't for the life of me figure it out.

I put my code in, and it said it had already been redeemed, despite being a legit sealed DVD.

I gave up.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Okay mate, well I'll have a look in a bit and PM them to you.

late reply but cheers :)

I couldn't for the life of me figure it out.

I put my code in, and it said it had already been redeemed, despite being a legit sealed DVD.

I gave up.

From what I gather you can put the code into a few different sites (as I couldn't find a redemption box on uv itself). If it doesn't work on one. Try another. Bit flawed IMOIMO

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
So, when I get the codes, I can send them to multiple people? Or is it one code per person?

Megane 250
I'm confused now lol! I got a couple of films with this uv thing but have no idea how to use it, I just downloaded the flixster app and don't know what to do lol

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right. Well I'll go check out my Blu-Ray collection and see what I can discover :)