ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unbelievably peeved!

'94 BMW 318i
I have a nice 3 inch scuff on my rear bumper which needs dealing with which is bad enough on it's own but when it was done by a so called "friend" who then denies all knowledge of it happening it makes it about 1000 times worse.

The car was parked outside another friend's flat at the time and my "friend" left at some point. I was later told by the person who lives in the first floor flat below that she was having a nose out the window and she saw my "friend" (who she knows to say hello to so therefore recognising her wasn't a problem) get into her car, reverse out the space and hit my car, look up towards the window of the flat I was in as if to check if someone saw her do it and then drive off. The neighbour heard the crunch as it happened so she is in no doubt that contact was made at that point.
When I went out to check the car I noticed that embedded in the scuff was some green paint which by coincidence is an exact match for my "friends" paintwork. In the second picture below you can see the green paint in the far right of the scuff.
So I called her and she went on a mega defensive rant saying that she was offended that I would accuse her of doing such a thing and that I should take her word for it and that the neighbour is full of cr*p.

So despite someone witnessing it happen and my car now owning a part of her paintwork she is standing firmly by her decision that it wasn't her.

Have arranged for a couple of mobile body repairers to come and give me an estimate. One is Chipsaway (does anyone have any experience with the Watford operator Clive Lawrence?) and the other company is Cubecx. Am also planning on running around at lunch and finding some local bodyshops to get a quote.

Accidents happen and I'm not too annoyed at the damage, it's hardly major damage but the fact that a friend, a good friend at that would try so hard to convince me that she's not responsible for it has made me think hard about why I thought she was a good friend.

Couldn't get in too close to the damage as my camera phone threw a wobbly but you can clearly see the green paint in the second picture..

scuff1.jpg

scuff2.jpg

MKIII 138
put your cok in her mouth if she wont accept then dont be her friend anymore and go round and do the same thing back to he car with a kife and a green marker pen

RenaultSport 197
Unlucky mate.. She doesn't even have the balls to own up and offer money to get it repaired - B*tch.

Here's a tip.. Next time you meet up with your mate in the green car, park your's a few roads away from hers ;)

Or alternatively, to get your own back, when she arrives stand at the back of your car and watch her park in the space and make sure she knows you are watching her!! Or you can cycle to meet her then 'accidentally' ride your bike into her door panel.. Say the brakes were naff..

visualize whirled pe
Gutted, damage to your car and possible rift with good friend I can see why you are miffed.

Last summer I decided to take a second job, it was only £5 an hour, doing manual labour. The foreman wouldnt let me park the car on site so I parked on a dodgy side road, 9 hrs of back breaking work later and woo hoo £45 up I realised someone had scuffed my back bumper (it's still like it now) on my other-wise mint RSi and the damage also dented the rear wing.

Turbos.
Some mate she is then! I would confront her again personally again, if she doesn't have the decency to admit it then i'd make her pay.

'94 BMW 318i
Here's a tip.. Next time you meet up with your mate in the green car, park your's a few roads away from hers ;)

Another annoying thing is that every time I park up somewhere I pick a parking bay that I think is the safest place for my car and it's the same for where I parked my car last night.

Guess I'm going to have to re-think my parking strategy :)

'94 BMW 318i
put your cok in her mouth if she wont accept then dont be her friend anymore and go round and do the same thing back to he car with a kife and a green marker pen

Funnily enough that was was number 7 on my list of actions to take :).

'94 BMW 318i
Some mate she is then! I would confront her again personally again, if she doesn't have the decency to admit it then i'd make her pay.

I can't see her backing down to be honest. I phoned her twice, made her aware that it was witnessed, told her about the paint. At one point she tried reversing the whole thing by calling me and telling me she wasn't very happy about the situation of me phoning her up and that she didn't need to explain herself to me, probably in the hope that I'd be naive enough to let it go.
So I went and met her and showed her the damage making a point of showing her the green paint she so nicely decided to give to my bumper. Her only response was that her uncle works for BMW so he could fix the damage and I'd only have to pay for the paint!!!

She's stubborn as f*ck and unless someone talks to her and tells her that being honest is the best policy here then I don't think I'll be getting a confession.

Meant to be paying for her to go to the cinema tonight :D. I'm just waiting for her to see if our plans are still on, ha ha.

'94 BMW 318i
have you looked at her car?

Had a look last night. I couldn't see any blatant evidence of contact but her car isn't exactly in pristine condition and it was dark. Picking one of the marks on her car as a match to mine wouldn't have been easy but hopefully looking at it during the daytime might throw something up.

RB 182
As silly as it seems, the best thing to do is forget about it and move on! If she can't be bothered to own up then is she really worth being a friend with? If a mate did it to me and owned up, said sorry etc... I would be mad, but take it on the chin.

She is being imature, so just get the damage sorted and forget about bothering with her. If she is saying nothing then its obvious its her, you could get the paint found on your car matched with hers but that would be costly and still end up with her saying nothing.

The police will do nothing and insurance claim will be hard as she is being an arse about it. If you wanted to be evil then i'm sure you could put in a claim to s**t her up a bit? Write a letter informing her that you are taking legal advice etc... but as I said, there is no point. As thrustrating as it is, its only a small scratch and she really isn't worth the bother mate!

RB 182
Second idea is naughty, just wait till she is not around and repay the compliment by scratching her car lol... But not a wise idea, and your only going to her level of being a nob lol.

RB 182
3rd option...

Take her to the cinema as you said... say you want to go still as you just want to move on with all the bother... DONT SAY SORRY! lol

Pop off to the toilet during the movie, then never come back :)

R

rich[182]

I'd call the police. Stick it up the bint.

Yep, at this point in time she'd be no friend of mine as she obviously can't be trusted and she's taking the p***
I'd call the police as she just drove off, no-one would f**k with me like that and get away with it, simple as that

'94 BMW 318i
As silly as it seems, the best thing to do is forget about it and move on! If she can't be bothered to own up then is she really worth being a friend with? If a mate did it to me and owned up, said sorry etc... I would be mad, but take it on the chin.

She is being imature, so just get the damage sorted and forget about bothering with her. If she is saying nothing then its obvious its her, you could get the paint found on your car matched with hers but that would be costly and still end up with her saying nothing.

The police will do nothing and insurance claim will be hard as she is being an arse about it. If you wanted to be evil then i'm sure you could put in a claim to s**t her up a bit? Write a letter informing her that you are taking legal advice etc... but as I said, there is no point. As thrustrating as it is, its only a small scratch and she really isn't worth the bother mate!

You've hit the nail on the head there. The more I push for the truth from her the more I'm getting fustrated so I'm getting the damage sorted and then leaving it at that. She just emailed me to say "i had a look at mine in FULL daylight and theres not ONE mark on my car. . . " and she again offered to get her uncle to take a look at it. Stubborn mother fu%ker It's close to driving me nuts.

Once again, if anyone on here has had any jobs done by the Watford Chipsaway operator Clive Lawrence can you let me know how it all went please. Cheers.

'94 BMW 318i
Second idea is naughty, just wait till she is not around and repay the compliment by scratching her car lol... But not a wise idea, and your only going to her level of being a nob lol.

As you said, stooping to her level. Although my mind did briefly wander on to the Pug 206cc she is hoping to get fairly soon. But I scrubbed that thought fairly quickly :quiet:

3rd option...

Take her to the cinema as you said... say you want to go still as you just want to move on with all the bother... DONT SAY SORRY! lol

Pop off to the toilet during the movie, then never come back :).

Now that I like :D

133/225/CLS AMG
Thats a pretty scummy thing to do and to be honest I'd be mighty p!ssed at her.

Personally, go through your insurance, let the neighbour be a witness and get her screwed for driving off at the scene of an accident!!! lol

'94 BMW 318i
Thats a pretty scummy thing to do and to be honest I'd be mighty p!ssed at her.

Personally, go through your insurance, let the neighbour be a witness and get her screwed for driving off at the scene of an accident!!! lol

I don't really want to go through insurance for how small the damage is. Don't think it's worth screwing up my no claims and premium to be honest. Can't say I wouldn't wanna see her sh*t herself when she gets done for driving off though :).

133/225/CLS AMG
Thing is, it should lose your no claims if you've got it proven that its her fault. It will come off her insurance.

She sounds like a t**t either way though. lol

visualize whirled pe
Forget the childish revenge tricks if you don't value the friendship forget her and move on. If you do want to remain friends she isnt going to pay for the damage you've made if clear you are not happy it's time to move on. You have done everything you can now and she hasn't admitted fault, take note of the fact that she is a crap driver and never park near her again.

visualize whirled pe
Thing is, it should lose your no claims if you've got it proven that its her fault. It will come off her insurance.

She sounds like a tw*t either way though. lol

He'll still have a 'no fault claim' registered against his insurance (there are about 20 different types of no fault claims) all of which will be on record and can effect your next premium regardless of who's fault it was.

CB600FS

Yeah, thats a plan. Or if you need to play it safe, buy a 'disposable' £30 metro from a scrappy and plough it into the side of her car, it'll be worth every penny.

Shes not a very good friend if she can't even admit to it, makes it worse if you know 100% it was the silly bint. Pretend to make up with her, take her miles out of town to a cinema or something, nip out to the loo and drive off, leaving here stranded 50 miles away from home. Wahay.

Naples Red clio 16v
Make up a story about claiming on the Insurance and neding to report it to the police as part of the claim - to substantiate the 'no fault' bit. Tell her they asked if there were any witnesses and that of course you said the neighbour.

she will s**t it and probaly own up. If not not worth it as a friend to be honest. can you trust her???!!

'94 BMW 318i
Make up a story about claiming on the Insurance and neding to report it to the police as part of the claim - to substantiate the 'no fault' bit. Tell her they asked if there were any witnesses and that of course you said the neighbour.

she will s**t it and probaly own up. If not not worth it as a friend to be honest. can you trust her???!!

I was thinking of doing that. Phoning her and asking her if she's sure it wasn't her as I have to go through insurance and no doubt the police would need to get involved and also mention that there will be a witness statement. But I don't think she's bright enough to understand the seriousness of it so she probably wouldn't confess at that point.

As for trusting her, I don't think I could ever trust her again even if she did at some point admit to hitting my car.

Shed.
Eye For An Eye, Tooth For a Tooth.

Wait a few weeks, then see how much it costs you for a repair. Now you need to go and put an axe in her bonnet. But "pretend" to get over it and tell her your not bothered or somehitng before you go doing so.

Clio 172 mk2

That gamble may work.....worth a try

'94 BMW 318i
To be honest I'm fairly tempted to go through my insurance now anyway. The bumper has been slightly mis-shaped by the bump, the paint has cracked around the main scuff and there's more smaller marks that I didn't notice before.
A couple of places I got a quote from said they could heat the bumper and re-shape it as well as a total re-spray but I got a quote from a bodyshop that the Renault dealership use and the guy there quoted me £250 for a re-spray or if I wanted the bumper to be back to perfect condition it would have to be replaced as re-shaping it might result in it popping back out of shape at some point in the future. A new rear bumper would be £350 and then there's the cost of paint and labour on top of that.
So all of a sudden the option of going though my insurance company with a witness statement makes a bit of sense cost wise. My excess would be £400 in total.
So as soon as I've found out that the neighbour will definitely sign a statement for me I'll call my good friend and tell her what her options are. Like f*ck am I paying for this out of my own money!

D

deadonkey

Ive had friends damage my car. Most of them however dont have cars of their own and I dont think they understand what owning a car is like, ie the pride you take when its clean etc etc.

I wouldnt hold it against them or fall out, if I did I probebly wouldnt have any friends left.

(It even annoys me when they slam the door!!! theres no need to slam it)
If you tell them off for slamming your car door tho, it looks like you are the baddie!

'94 BMW 318i
I wouldnt hold it against them or fall out, if I did I probebly wouldnt have any friends left.

It's not the fact she hit my car that has caused issues, yea fair enough driving into a stationary car is a bit of a 'Dur' moment but it's an accident and accidents happen. It's the bare face lies she has been telling that's caused problems.
But it doesn't matter now, I'm not warning her about the claim I'm making through my insurance, she can wait to hear that from her insurance company. If she thinks she can lie in the hope of getting away with it all she's got a surprise coming her way. Even if I gave her the option of paying for the repairs instead of going through the insurance she probably wouldn't agree. I've been told I need a new bumper if I want the car to be in the condition it was before the accident so that plus the spraying of it would set her back too much for her to be happy about.
If she wasn't being such a tw.a.t about it all I'd be fairly amicable but she's shot herself in the foot by being so immature.

Just need to go to where she works today and get her reg number and then I'm getting in touch with my insurance company.

Shed.
Ive had friends damage my car. Most of them however dont have cars of their own and I dont think they understand what owning a car is like, ie the pride you take when its clean etc etc.

(It even annoys me when they slam the door!!! theres no need to slam it)
If you tell them off for slamming your car door tho, it looks like you are the baddie!

yeah when they eat in your car and spill brown sauce all down the uphoulstry they fail to see the problem. or stick lolly pop sticks on your car roof, so teh sun bakes them down hard, so when you peel them off it comes off with the paint.

BMW Z4 3.0i
I'd have a look under the mat in the boot. If the impact has mishapen the bumper, it's quite possible it's bent your floor pan. Not a hazard and should pass MoT, but if you're going through insurance it is a good few hundred quid to have replaced so...

'94 BMW 318i
I'd have a look under the mat in the boot. If the impact has mishapen the bumper, it's quite possible it's bent your floor pan. Not a hazard and should pass MoT, but if you're going through insurance it is a good few hundred quid to have replaced so...

Actually that's the one thing I haven't checked yet. Looking at the damage externally I'd be surprised to see ripples in the boot floor but I didn't witness the strength of the impact so it's possible.