ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Undersealing / rusty underside question

Hi all,

When I had my valver up on ramps at Angelworks I had a look round underneath and spotted that it looks like my chassis rails are starting to get rust on them

This is not a good thing...

I have seen pictures where people have stripped off the underseal (or whatever it's called) and painted the whole underside, which is a bit extreme for lazyarse me lol, but what options do I have to fix the rust?

Can I strip the underseal stuff off the dodgy bits, sort the rust, then just re-apply some new underseal?

Where would I get it from?

All help muchos appreciated...

Thank you! :)

Punto/Clio GTT
isit bad rust or just surface rust?, personally ide get it back up on some ramps or whatever you can do, get the grinder on it or a linisher, get rid of all the stuff you can get rid of, take it back to bare metal. then some good stuff to use is Gravitex, basically a really really thick stone guard protector that hardens like rubbery. good stuff. you need an airline to use it though

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_a...e&field-keywords=gravitex&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

thats the stuff, and you need the nosel aswell. you wont get any stuff as good as that for protection.

next best thing would be big tin of hammerite and lamp it on with a paintbrush after grinding it

1.6 focus zetec....
Perhaps use some rust treatment aswell before painting if using the latter option ^^

Thanks for your help all :)

It's just very light surface rust at the moment I think - I'll try and get it on ramps again soon and have a poke around!