ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Understanding Induction Kit

Clio 182 Silver
Hi

I have been looking at these the last few days, again I am not anywhere near good with cars but want to learn.

I see most people go for K&N and quality makes such as that, my question is do you really need to spend that sort of money or can you go with a standard one..
What extra does spending that money get you?

Also what is the real purpose of the induction kit? to push cold air ?

What sort of gains if any do you see from this?
How hard is it to fit?

Thanks for the advice

Clio 182
From what Ive learned on here so far mate, either go for an enclosed unit such as the K-Tech one, or if you must use a k&n style one... use a thinner style filter element than a k&n and the smaller version of the clio battery, this way you can situate the filter infront of the battery (away from the hot air of the engine) - rather than at the left hand side of the battery where it would naturally sit.

The other option is to go for a panel filter in either the standard airbox, or the espace v6 airbox.

hope this is helpful for you

Mike

The purpose of an air filter is to filter the air, the very basic idea of induction kits is to allow more air through (sometimes, not always), or to create positive/negative airflow etc.

And as the saying goes, buy cheap buy twice.

Mine made 183bhp on RS Tuning's rollers with a standard ph1 172 airbox :approve:

I've found that to be the best setup for power.

Clio 182 Silver
I am worried about fitting issues as the clio engine leaves zero room to move anything..

Clio 182 Silver
Thanks for the link.

As long as I read write seems a performance filter in the standard box would be best..