ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

undertray/skid guard, will it fit the 172?

clio 172
Hiya fellas. So most of you have seen the metal undertay (or skid guard, like we call it in america) that the non RS clios have. Has anyone tried fitting that into the 1?2? Those plastic underbits look pretty flimsy, dont they?

clio 172
so no body ever thought about a proper undertay for their clio? what's underneath the clio race car? yeah, the rally car must have some sort of skid guard, right?

top of the pyramid
you'll be best contacting Renault sport directly, they'll probably sell a rally one but it will cost you alot of penny's.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
id love one for mine so i can go lower n not smash my gearbox to bits

clio 172
Won't be difficult to take the plastic one to a fabricator and getting him to copy it. Might get that done actually.

Think it might be trickier than just that, gotta leave some clearance like the non sport version has.. I've already f'd the lower right underside (your driver's side, my passenger side). I can see some pulleys from underneath the car, so i take it that a small stone can do a lot of damage under there!

But... what material/thickness would you recommend?