ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uneven tyre wear - info before I get wheels aligned.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
The outsides of my front tyres have worn and need replacing. Both fronts have worn exactly the same and the same amount. I have just put new suspension and front spacers on and I know I need to get a proper wheel alignment. I am going to go for a standard set up. But what is causing the outsides to wear out? They are nearly bald after a 500 miles, mainly motorway driving too. The tracking was fine before I changed the suspension. Just want to know if I have done something wrong putting the suspension/spacers on. Rear tyres are fine and not worn in any way.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I can deal with toe in as that is solved by aligning properly. Was just worried that it was put together wrong.
It was just that both fronts have gone exactly the same, so maybe the set up I had on standard shocks with the new shocks and spacershas pushed the toe in equally both sides.

Renault Clio182 bean
As mentioned, more than likely tracking related, ive seen loads of cars at my garage where 3-4 month old tyres are almost bald on the inner or outer edges, when we set up the tracking equiptment on them the toe is normally well out, and most had wishbones or trackrod ends fitted somewhere else for MOT but never got wheel aligned. Start with getting the tracking set up, if thats ok (which im sure it wont be) then you can worry and backtrack to the work that you did :)

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Tyres have now been ordered, so when fitting them I will get a 4 wheel alignment. I am thinking it is alignment, but just wanted to check as I would be annoyed if it wasn't then it is money wasted on the new tyres and alignment!!!
Thanks for the advice