ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

uneven tyre wear on front passenger side

Inferno 182 cup
I have recently done two trackdays at castle combe and after both I have noticed that the passenger front tyre has worn unevenly as there is plenty of tread on the inner edge left but the rest has worn down at an angle/chamfer just wondering if anyone has any idea what may be causing this as the tyres never used to do this and all the others are wearing evenly and I have had the tracking done only two months ago

Inferno 182 cup
I can understand that but at the minute I am trashing a tyre every track day and I used to get 2-3 trackdays before having to replace any tyres so hence why I am worried that there is a problem

Inferno 182 cup
Also got the tracking done today and on the printout it says the passenger side camber is 0.23 and the driver side is 0.39 which to me seems like a big difference between the two and the guy said that there could be a problem with the wishbone and he had a look and couldn't find anything wrong with the bushes or the ball joint. Could this be the problem and what would be causing this as I believe the camber isn't adjustable on the 182?

Sorry reading fail. Why don't you get some camber bolts and get the camber spot on?

I'm sure someone else will know what it could be and come along shortly..

Inferno 182 cup
I was thinking of getting the camber bolts, but would be nice to solve the problem as the bolts will only mask the actual problem when it could be a simple fix as the car never had this problem until recently

Lionel Richie
Also got the tracking done today and on the printout it says the passenger side camber is 0.23 and the driver side is 0.39 which to me seems like a big difference between the two and the guy said that there could be a problem with the wishbone and he had a look and couldn't find anything wrong with the bushes or the ball joint. Could this be the problem and what would be causing this as I believe the camber isn't adjustable on the 182?

that difference is actually nothing, 1 degree = 60min

you have 0.23 (so just over 1/3rd of 1 degree) on one side and 0.39 (just under 2/3rds of 1 degree) on the other, that's FRACTIONS that won't wake a difference

what tyre pressue?

Lionel Richie
sounds like you NEED some camber, -2.00 to -2.30 (2.5 in english) should sort you, maybe lower the front pressure slightly too