ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unipart oil

1.8 16v, Iceberg ph1 172
I fear I may get ripped apart for this but is there anything wrong with using 5w 40 unipart oil in my 172?

ITB'd MK1
look at the bottle. If it says ACEA A3/B3, it's perfectly good to use. They wont make their own oil, most likely it's Comma in a unipart bottle, and guess who makes Halfords oil ;)

megane gt dci 150
when i serviced the clio, we used unipart oil (£10 for 5l with dads discount lol), and it is alright to use. it says the ACEA thingy on it. only cost £17 for a oil, and both filters change.

1.8 16v, Iceberg ph1 172
well working in retail i see people buy expensive brands every day when often the cheaper product that doesnt pay silly money to advertise on prime time tv is an equally good product in cheaper packaging.

ive bought pro s before and although it may well have been a high quality oil, its out of my price range these days.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Oil's oil imo, i use a bog standard carlube 5w40 in the vee, its hardly a highly tuned performance engine!

1.8 16v, Iceberg ph1 172
my opinion is that for my usage commuting etc as you say oil is oil, ragging it on a track every w.end may be different but having said that you still may as well use a cheaper oil but replace more regularly.