ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uniroyal Rainsport 2

2003 Clio 172
Utterly Utterly dogs bor wax........

Compared to the Avon ZV5's that were there, night and day

Compared to the Conti CS3's on wifeys Bee Emm..................different league.

Ran the Michelin Primacys that are on the back currently on the front for a comparison. Different league, all IMO of course. Maybe they are past their best too tbf.

Clio was absolutely planted tonight in torrential rain, it has NEVER gripped so hard....not even through the summer in the bone dry. lol

Transformed the car.

J

Utterly Utterly dogs bor wax........

Compared to the Avon ZV5's that were there, night and day

Compared to the Conti CS3's on wifeys Bee Emm..................different league.

Ran the Michelin Primacys that are on the back currently on the front for a comparison. Different league, all IMO of course. Maybe they are past their best too tbf.

Clio was absolutely planted tonight in torrential rain, it has NEVER gripped so hard....not even through the summer in the bone dry. lol

Transformed the car.

J

I'll defo bear these in mind when the PS3's are gettnig low...

2003 Clio 172
My friend got Conti CS3's for around 15 more a tyre.........another obvious consideration mate.

I know both are technically Conti tho

Regards
A

2003 Clio 172
AFAIK, Conti make Uniroyal...........well, it was Conti who replied when I contacted Uniroyal about stock dates....

JJ

2003 Clio 172
Christ on a bike, mine feels like riding on silk compared to Avons/Michelins........all stock suspension.

172,scenic, trafic
odd cos i switched to avons.lol. just goes to show never trust someone elses opinion 100%!!! guess it depends alot where you drive it most, mine spent most of time on cornish country roads

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I have them on my shed (mondeo tdci) and they were awesome over winter in the snow etc.... highly recommended.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Have them all round on my 182, superb tyres. Ive thrown the Clio into corners and roundabouts at scary pace and as said - they dont let go lol

182 FF
nope, great in wet grip wise. sidewalls too hard for me, made car jittery under braking and ride horrible. prob wouldnt notice if on coilovers but not for me.

Sidewalls too hard? Bloody hell before I got them fitted to mine I thought they were comically flimsy, but as jinjur says fantastic tyre, and great for wet weather track tyres.

2003 Clio 172
Might I just add that this morning on my motorway commute, the tyre has continued to impress.....

All the Clio's skittishness on high speed motorway travel as all but gone.

Solid and safe

J

I've been raving about these for years - since I first had them on my 106 GTi

In the past 2 years I've had conti sports because I felt they handled a little bit better in the dry - but yesterday I got some 2118's fitted with 205/50/15 Uniroyal Rainsports and the grip is insane
I'm nearly sliding out my harnesses and the cars still sticking.

In the wet they are mind-bogglingly good, it feels just like driving in the dry

I will never have another tyre again!

Stripped yozza'd cup
They are brilliant. Honestly brilliant. As a road tyre, the only thing that comes close overall is the V12.

2003 Clio 172
Agreed, these are going on wifeys Bee Emm to replace the Conti CS3's when they are dead

J

Clio RS 182
omg, best reply ever!

btw i have these on the front aswell, they were there when i bought the car and tbh i thought oh dear, budget tyres... but like said they are pretty good.

2003 Clio 172
omg, best reply ever!

btw i have these on the front aswell, they were there when i bought the car and tbh i thought oh dear, budget tyres... but like said they are pretty good.

lol. Glad you took it in humour as intended, good on you.

J

koi

Audi S1
Im ordering 2 of these for the front when camskill have them in on 9th Feb. Epic tyres

You after 16's? I just bought a set of 15's from them. (epic bump just realised the date, assume you have them now lol)

Uniroyal must be owned by Continental as it came with their stickers on them. Sidewalls feel a little soft but not had a chance to test them yet.

Last edited:
  182 Trophy
Formula One Autocentres do a price match on all tyres. I'm ordering a pair of Rainsport 2's at £77 each fitted. Camskill couldn't match this price.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Awesome awesome tyre, absolutely love them!

Superb in the dry and AMAZING in the wet!

172 Cup
Had them on the Puma and they were great, even in the wet it didn't matter how fast you threw it round a roundabout it just gripped - then laughed at you and told you to try harder!

Clio 172
I got 2 Uniroyal rainsport 2's 195 45 15's about 2 months ago for £56 fitted. Awsome tyres and they grip amazingly well. When the rears need changing I'll be getting the same.