ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uniroyal RS3

2004 Racing Blue 182
So, after doing 200+ miles in the Yorkshire Dales yesterday on the RS3s I can honestly say I may have unfairly judged them.

But only in the wet.

In the dry, not very confidence inspiring, but when it’s raining all day and there is loads of surface water everywhere, these tyres really come into their own.

Not once did they let go, and not once did it enter a corner thinking I wouldn’t have grip. They were outstanding.

However, I still don’t rate them in cold dry conditions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
DD23C33B-E0CF-4DAF-AC00-8B2BB7616F1F.png

No rain today my friend.

Listerine & Poledo
So long as it they can take a dry, sweeping bend at 70mph, that's all you need from a road tyre.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just a word of warning . I've been running RS3's since they were launched so I'm used to a little bit of a squirmy feeling when newly fitted, but love the tyres . Just don't ever run them underinflated . I had a slow puncture last week , ran it for an hour and wondered why the steering felt heavy :eek:penmouth: It completely ruined the inside of the tyre , there was a huge pile of powdered rubber in the bottom of tyre when the garage took it off and you could clearly see where it had worn through to the cord. The tyre was new in December and only covered about 1500 miles :anguished:

Listerine & Poledo
You'll find that happens on most non-run-flat tyres. That powder will be where your wheel was chopping into the tyre. You'd have the same with a Goodyear, Nankang, General etc.

Still, doesn't make it any less annoying when it happens :(

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You'll find that happens on most non-run-flat tyres. That powder will be where your wheel was chopping into the tyre. You'd have the same with a Goodyear, Nankang, General etc.

Still, doesn't make it any less annoying when it happens 😧
Tell me about it . Annoyed as f**k . I'd been driving a wagon all day with ultra light steering , so just put it down to the Clios heavier steering . Only when I got home did I noticed how flat it was . The RS3s are very thin though on the shoulder/ sidewall . You can easily feel your fingers through them if you press on .
Oh well , s**t happens eh.

2004 Racing Blue 182
I have re-evaluated these tyres after the snow.

These things are amazing in the snow! I have managed to drive through the snow without any drama at all and only a couple of really bad bits where I’ve spun the wheels slightly or had a slight lock-up!

Kind of annoys me really as this means I can’t have a ‘snow day’ [emoji23]

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I have re-evaluated these tyres after the snow.

These things are amazing in the snow! I have managed to drive through the snow without any drama at all and only a couple of really bad bits where I’ve spun the wheels slightly or had a slight lock-up!

Kind of annoys me really as this means I can’t have a ‘snow day’ [emoji23]

I find them good in the snow too . I've just got home from my g/f's and the side roads are covered in snow , crept up a big hill to my house in 2nd gear no problem :smile: