ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unlimited texts?

Mk4 .:R32
I didn't know this, but I've been informed by Vodafone that although I have unlimited texts, if I got over 160 characters in a message (e.g. 161 characters) it's classed as a multimedia message and is chargeable.

Did anyone else know that? I send texts over 160 characters quite a lot, just assumed it would count as 2 texts therefore being free, not as an MMS and be chargeable!

FlameR

It depends on the carrier some would send ur sms as two sms msg but some will use mms to send...

Sent from my Android Dev Phone 1 using Tapatalk

Barge
Must be your package. I regularly go over 160 in a message and it never charges me (O2). MMS are included in the free messages too, just takes up four of them as far as I'm aware - as I never get charged.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Often you can choose on a phone whether text messages are sent as "mutiple text message" or "mms"

I certainly could on a few of my old phones, what phone is this and surely your operator can change this??

koi

Audi S1
When I was with o2 they just counted an mms as 4 normal texts and took it off your allowance. Just changed to Vodafone and realised that you need to get a seperate bundle for mms.

My phone would automatically convert to mms if it exceeded 3 text messages, ended up turning this off.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Must be your package. I regularly go over 160 in a message and it never charges me (O2). MMS are included in the free messages too, just takes up four of them as far as I'm aware - as I never get charged.

This. I'm on O2 as well.
I'm sure I read somewhere that O2 are now giving their iPhone customers unlimited texts? I only got 600 when I took the contract out. If it's true though, presumably this means you get unlimited MMS' too?

ITB BG 182
Well ive just checked with Orange and they said its staying as it is, if i go over the 800 character in a text then it will be classed as multi media message, other wise it will be 7 messages in one.
Unlimited is to a fair amount of usage though at 16500 texts per month.

This. I'm on O2 as well.
I'm sure I read somewhere that O2 are now giving their iPhone customers unlimited texts? I only got 600 when I took the contract out. If it's true though, presumably this means you get unlimited MMS' too?

Nope.

If you stay as you are, they're included in your 600.

If you go unlimited, they're charged at 25p each.