ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unlocked ecu

RenaultSport 172
Hi,

i've done a quick search but I'm unable to find a definite answer.

I have a Ph1 172 and i'm having starting problems, I'm guessing it's the immobilser/decoder ring problem as when it doesn't start the immobiliser light flashes.

Now what I want to know is if I was to get an unlocked ecu would this solve the problem? And if so where could I get my ecu unlocked?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
:banghead:

Worse thing to go wrong with any of my cars!! No answers on here for the ECU problems!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
God knows mate, car wouldnt even turn over! Ended up selling it! New owner put a new ECU package in it!

Clio
Don't bring it to Renault. If the light is flashing in the dash replace the key battery first. My battery was almost dead and it locked unlocked the car but wouldn't start it. I also let the spare key battery go dead once and after replacing the battery the same thing happened but for a different reason, the key lost its code to start the car but still locked and unlocked it. Reprogrammed the key n worked fine. There are a couple of people on here who can re-flash the ECU without the immobiliser function. Renault will fix it but charge you way too much. The chance you take is if you send the ECU off and it turns out the ECU wasnt the problem then your back to square one and out of pocket.

Vee 6
If it's flashing, It probably the key, Try squeezing the key hard while you turn it.

If this works you'll know it's the key.