ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unlocking Routers!

1998 BMW e46 323i
I had no idea Sky locked their routers, I didn't even know routers were locked/unlocked. Today my ISP changed from $ky to Talktalk, and I couldn't connect to the net via my Netgear ($ky branded router).

So I did this:

http://www.jjclements.co.uk/index.php/2007/09/30/sky-router-dg834gt-unlock/

Then inputted the setting the new ISP gave me into my router, and I've gone from 1.5/2 Mb $ky to 7/8 Mb.

Can't complain, cos TalkTalk wanted £30 for one of 'their' wireless routers. Which presumably would have been locked.

172 Cup
Routers aren't "locked" at all. Some ISP's just stick custom firmware on them that's all.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm just in the process of moving to Sky as part of an all-in-one package... any nasty's that I can expect!?!

This router issue doesn't seem a problem as long as Sky remain my ISP. If I already have my own router, can I continue to use it with Sky BB, or do I have to use Sky's router?

1998 BMW e46 323i
well sky was fine tbh. Talk talk i know are poo, but they're cheap and we've gone from 2 meg to 8, so can't complain so far. It's her indoors who uses the home phone and pays the bill. She'll have fun! She will save loads too tho. Griff, why is it lots of people believe routers to be locked then? It's beyond me all the geek stuff!