ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unstable at 65-70+

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Just had 2 new fron tyres, the 2 front wheels balanced and tracking....something is causing this - any ideas?

Monaco Blue 172
are they directional tyres? and if so are they mounted correctly?! you may laugh but it could happen...

Lots of Alfas
If its not the wheels, the tyres or the tracking next step would be to check the drive shafts, does it feel like its coming from one side, does the steering wheel vibrate, does the steering wheel feel really light?

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I dont think it comes from any particular side, the wheel just vibrates like my 1.2 did when I was maxing out, not too sure if it feels light either - just know it was not like this before!

What do you mean by directional tyres?

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Standard wheels, car is fully standard.

gonna go to another garage for a free check and hopefully written confirmstion they are not balanced properly or something.