ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unsure on laws

1.2 16v
Hi I'm selling my car next week and swapping my mams car onto my insurance so I'm not losing my ncb as I'm young however would I nee to be the registered owner or could the car remain in my mams name Thanks

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Why would you loose no claims? Can't you freeze your insurance until you get a new car?

NCD remains valid for 2 years IIRC if you don't hold insurance?

Aside I'm sure you can still insure the car if its registered in your mums name providing there is not already an active insurance policy in place.

1.2 16v
Because I don't work at home so was going to insure that and save up and buy something when I get the years ncb

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Are you actually going to be using the car? if not then there will never be the need to check / ask.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Dont bother swapping it, just get a copy of your renewal or a letter from your insurers confirming your NCB entitlement, It will be vaild for 2 Years.
If you find after a while you arent going to insure a car within 2 years, then you can mess around swapping it over.

1.2 16v
I'm not fussed about money, I'm 20 year old this policy has 4 months left them I will get my second year Ncb so that's why I want to continue it so I still keep this year rather than losing 8 month