ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update List unit sudden aux-in quality problem

Clio 182
Wondering if anyone can advise on a strange issue I've run into with the Update List head unit in my '05 reg 182. I bought the car a few months ago, and had purchased a 3.5mm aux-in adaptor from eBay and been using it with no issues. The quality wasn't outstanding, but sounded fine, and was no worse than the FM radio.

However, I recently thought I'd try a Connects2 Bluetooth adaptor instead to go wireless. I plugged it in to the Accessory +12V and Ground cables, and was able to connect, but the quality was very poor - lots of distortion and burbling underlying the music. I assumed it was the Bluetooth adaptor, so removed it and re-fitted the aux cable. However, I'm now getting the same issue with the cable. The audio is very distorted and poor quality.

I've tried unplugging and re-plugging the DIN plugs, cleaning the contacts etc... No change. The weird thing is that the radio sounds fine; it's only the aux in source that has the problem.

Has anyone else ever run into anything similar, or have any suggestions for what I might have done to cause this issue and how I can fix it? Thanks in advance.

Clio 182 2005
I have this with the Connects2 wired when I charge my Iphone from the cigarette lighter whilst listening via the 3.5mm connector.

Clio 182
I have this with the Connects2 wired when I charge my Iphone from the cigarette lighter whilst listening via the 3.5mm connector.
Sounds like it could be a ground loop issue - a 3.5mm ground loop isolator like this may help: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IETQQQK/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I use something similar for my home HiFi, which doesn't seen to play nicely with my Android TV. Unfortunately I don't think it's the same issue I'm having, as the distortion on mine occurs regardless of whether the phone is plugged in.