ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Update List unit sudden aux-in quality problem

Clio 182
Wondering if anyone can advise on a strange issue I've run into with the Update List head unit in my '05 reg 182. I bought the car a few months ago, and had purchased a 3.5mm aux-in adaptor from eBay and been using it with no issues. The quality wasn't outstanding, but sounded fine, and was no worse than the FM radio.

However, I recently thought I'd try a Connects2 Bluetooth adaptor instead to go wireless. I plugged it in to the Accessory +12V and Ground cables, and was able to connect, but the quality was very poor - lots of distortion and burbling underlying the music. I assumed it was the Bluetooth adaptor, so removed it and re-fitted the aux cable. However, I'm now getting the same issue with the cable. The audio is very distorted and poor quality.

I've tried unplugging and re-plugging the DIN plugs, cleaning the contacts etc... No change. The weird thing is that the radio sounds fine; it's only the aux in source that has the problem.

Has anyone else ever run into anything similar, or have any suggestions for what I might have done to cause this issue and how I can fix it? Thanks in advance.

Clio 182 2005
I have this with the Connects2 wired when I charge my Iphone from the cigarette lighter whilst listening via the 3.5mm connector.

Clio 182
I have this with the Connects2 wired when I charge my Iphone from the cigarette lighter whilst listening via the 3.5mm connector.

Sounds like it could be a ground loop issue - a 3.5mm ground loop isolator like this may help: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IETQQQK/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I use something similar for my home HiFi, which doesn't seen to play nicely with my Android TV. Unfortunately I don't think it's the same issue I'm having, as the distortion on mine occurs regardless of whether the phone is plugged in.