ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Update of my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 & RSi
I used to own a 1.6 16v which is a slightly quicker car to start with, I had a BMC CDA, lightweight OZ Superleggeras etc.

My girlfriend now owns the car and I can honestly say that it will never sit up the arse of my 172.....neither will yours.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but you're dilluded if you think a 1.4 with the rear seats out is as quick as a 2.0.

AK

M240i
I can vouch for this car keeping up with 172's

Off cam I imagine it would edge on a standard RS

lol at the people laughing, the members on here with the 172.

Im not botherd 1 bit as i know and some members on here know :)

Must be following some pretty shite 172 drivers tbh.

IIRC coming home tonight my 1.2 kept up with an Audi R8 up to about 150 :eek:

RB 182 Cup
I cant even be bothered to argue as most of you on here dont have a clue about your motors anyway

As said the people who have met me and been out with me will tell :)

rps13
bored,

I discovered that the dents all over a golf ball actually make it faster alex.

science????

RB 197 fatty
surely buying a 172 that already has the engine in it for less money after all the hassle then stripping that makes more sense???

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Anyone got a pic of a standard 1.4 engine bay so we can put that and his pic together and play spot the difference on this bodied 1.4 engine.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
This car still got the massive dent in the side? Maybe fix that before you bother doing anything else?

On a serious note where is you Grill?

RB 182 Cup
LOL! Don't post such complete and utter b*****ks if you can't handle the banter ;)

what bit is b****cks? the only thing i cant handel is the fact clio sport if full of sheep who dont actually have a clue

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm strugling to see a 1.4 16v keeping up witha healthy 172, I'm not saying its not true but I sure as hell have never seen it, What exactly has been done ot the car as I have driven against 1.6 16v and clearly pulled away from the word go

W

Willy

Did'nt f0xys 1.2 use to keep up with 1.6 clios, stripped, engine mods, decat etc? If thats true thats about 2-3 seconds off 0-60 book time. Same mods on a 1.4 would see it fairly near 7 seconds 0-60, if using the 10.3 second book time. That would see it "Near" 1*2 0-60 times, but i dont see how that would keep up with a 1*2. In a rush so havent read all youve done, but if its just the back seats, dreaming. If not, then fair play :)

RB 182 Cup
i only have 1 seat in the car now.

AR: Noob? ive been playing with cars since i was 4, i can do more myself to my cars then alot of you on here and know alot more

b/g 182, meg tourer
so what has been done to the car to make it as fast as a 172 exactly? i dont understand.
cant be due to the standard engine with an induction kit and exhaust system.

RB 182 Cup
all it has on it is

bmc cda
devil decat
omp cat back system

When it just had rear seats out and spare wheel it beat a vtr and stuck with that 172 thats been dynod at 166 iirc

Currently fully stripped with just drivers seat, no dash or anything ready for sundays drag racing session :D

So a 1.4 with those little mods, no rear seats and no spare wheel keeps up with a car dyno'd at 166 bhp? F*ck it I'm never going to bother buying an RS.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Who has been in the car with you and will back you up to say its as quick as a 172?

RB 182 Cup
belive what you want thats all im saying, well cant be arsed to read the exact same crap from people

Alex_tull has seen it go and has already told you what it does :) Plus more from essex on here

If you want a ride then just come southend and see for yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.