ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Updated 5 series thread

Iceberg 172 Cup
another update, i bought a set of genuine e60 MV2 alloys (they are more concave than e46 wheels) in ET20, refurbished them myself in Lunar Silver and had new tyres put on yesterday.

few pics;

wheels when i purchased them looking worse for wear;

IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0584.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

IMAG0587.jpg

Me with my dust mask lol;

IMAG0582.jpg

Dont know why i didnt take pics of my process but anyhow, a few once painted in the garage in my makeshift spray booth (completely sealed from drafts - gets you high easier!)

IMAG0591.jpg

IMAG0594.jpg

IMAG0596.jpg

IMAG0598.jpg

And finally back on the car with new Dunlop SP Sports 240/40/18;

IMAG0599.jpg

IMAG0600.jpg

IMAG0601.jpg

IMAG0602.jpg

IMAG0604.jpg

IMAG0606.jpg

The finish is OEM quality, 8 layers of paint on each wheel, 3 coats of clearcoat, and then a special zymol wheel wax for 6 months protection, thanks.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Well that looks like a lurvly big barge :)

I know a guy with a 530d M-Sport. The wheels on that are gorgeous. But they're expensive lol.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Looks good. Except for the M badge.

i like the m badge personally, (thats why its there) but i was an expensive optional extra when new to m kitted cars. something ridiculous, but there an OEM gen bmw badges not cheap ebay copies. and theyre metal, not plastic! i rekon it just splits the black up abit n gives it a sportier look, quite like the french flags on a clio sport grille.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Still under-wheeled looking in comparison to the proper M sport ones off that shape. I love the Msport 5 series!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nice 535ohwait. M badge needs to go in the bin, it makes me cringe seeing them on non-M cars. Uber try-hard.

Other than that, it's a nice 520i.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i like the m badge personally, (thats why its there) but i was an expensive optional extra when new to m kitted cars. something ridiculous, but there an OEM gen bmw badges not cheap ebay copies. and theyre metal, not plastic! i rekon it just splits the black up abit n gives it a sportier look, quite like the french flags on a clio sport grille.

It wasn't long ago you said you put the badge there to hide a scratch.

330i. E30 Touring.
Lol. CS never forgets.

I think it looks a million times better on the MV2's.

Get rid of the ///M badge on the grille though.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Come a long way. Actually looks good now, good work. DIY wheel refurb looks brilliant tbh.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Still under-wheeled looking in comparison to the proper M sport ones off that shape. I love the Msport 5 series!

these are proper 5 series fitment m sport wheels off this shape buddy lol. your possibly on about spyders? but theyre cak! only have to look at them and they crack. :)

Iceberg 172 Cup
Come a long way. Actually looks good now, good work. DIY wheel refurb looks brilliant tbh.

thnaks mate, it oughta ive done alot of sets now, it's all in the prep let no1 tell you different. paint hides nothing. dont prep, no nice finish, spent 3 hours sanding down each wheel, the gradual primering to build up and keep flattening. :)

Iceberg 172 Cup
Nice 535ohwait. M badge needs to go in the bin, it makes me cringe seeing them on non-M cars. Uber try-hard.

Other than that, it's a nice 520i.

technically your right, as it wasnt born an m-sport. although an m-sport will look identical, they are still m-cars, the styling is purely done by 'M'. M5 is totally different again, the only bit they share is the sideskirts. + you will never see an 'm' badge solely on an M5 as it was never an option, you cant get them. The M5 is a different style and size badge. These badges on here are ordered from BMW for a 5 series M sport.... made specialy for non M5's. do you get me?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Seeing as the other thread is locked, i'll say LOL in here!

Anyways, The car looks far better now although the DRL's really so ruin it! Looks so chavved.

Shame because everything else is nice.

I like it. Looks great. Been considering an E61 barge for myself.

Have to agree about m-badge though.

I thought M-packed cars had ///M badges on the wheels and interior, ///M badges on the front or back were reserved for M-powered cars only?

Or does that only apply to 3-series?