ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

upgrade date has arrived!

An orange one
woohoo, had my 4 since launch on an 18 month deal at £42ish per month on o2

now its time to roll on simplicity, but i cant decide on a 1 or 12 month deal,

i will more than likely get the iphone 5 when its released, so this points to the 1 month rolling offer at £21.50 a month,

but i can get the same for £16.50 a month on a 12 month simplicity, would this mean when the 5 comes out, i can pay off the remaining months and get a new iphone contract, or just keep paying £16.50 a month and buy the iphone 5 sim free?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
If I were you and it's affordable for you I would roll with a sim only contract for 12 months. Then when you want to upgrade to another iPhone buy it out right from apple and install your sim only contract sim in the new handset.

An orange one
that does seem the best option mate i think,

i cant remember ever paying only £16.50 a month for a mobile, thats a proper bargain! quite excited to save almost £30 a month

hmmm.... the £30 a month would go a long way towards a shiny ipad 2 on the 10 months 0% deal.... :D

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Lol!

I worked it out the other day and I think thee cheapest way to own an iPhone was an 18 month contract paying around £35 a month. It worked out (on Vodafone who I am with) cheaper than buying the phone out right and getting a sim only contract for 12 months. The down side to this obviously is that you are tied into a more expensive contract for longer.

Without a doubt buying the hand set upfront and sim only contracts are the way forward IMO.

Seat Ibiza
I just did the 12month simplicity deal, but they gave it to me for £11.50 with internet bolt on. Ask about it, as I got it for being loyal, if you ask works out even better :)

But I did it for the same reason you have, I want the new one when out. :)

An orange one
dan thats a brilliant deal, was that the 300 mins unltd texts, 500mb one?

ive already done it now....bugger! oh well still over the moon with £16.50 after about 5 years paying £40+

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I think my deal i got was a win. £20.50 a month, 600 mins, unlimited texts and 1gb of data.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I went to get my mrs an upgrade, i had a nokia 6220 classic at the time on orange. whilst talking to the salesman about our lasses upgrade he mentioned the iPhone 4. i asked about it but i wasn't overly bothered at the time about upgrading or changing phone, the salesman seemed intent on selling me an iPhone though for some reason.

in the end the salesman pretty much bent over backward and i ended up trading my nokia in and in return i got an iPhone 4, 24 month contract, 600 mins, unlimited texts and 1gb data for £20.50 PM.

i thought it was a very good deal and i got it by accident really

Check quidco, I done a 12 month sim only deal and got £150 cash back. And that was on a £21.50 a month deal.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
is that on a 4s?

i had a look on quidco and couldnt see any deals on the 4s on vodafone

I am paying a lovely £5 a month - 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB internet. Sim only deal though, bought the phone outright.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
My contract is up on the 24th of this month so need to sort something out dont think a 4 to 4s is worth the upgrade. Anyone got any decent offers from vodafone

-
I am thinking of doing similar as I am due for an upgrade with vodafone too. Going on the £17.50 3 month plan in hope for the 5 coming out in the spring time is my plan.

-
whats the 3 month plan include?

600 mins, 3000 txts, 500mb data.

I ended up on £15.50 per month with 300 mins, 3000 txts, 250mb data.

Its all I need for now as im only in the country until the end of march, it certainly beats paying £41 a month!

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
just gone to do mine and can only do 3 months online but my online account won't let me so they have had to delete my online account. so few hours and i should be able to do it. better than paying my £40 at the moment

182 ff
my deals up on my i phone too 42 pound a month but ive got friends and family discount 30 % off , so like others ill wait for the i phone 5.

so whats best to do ?? was told if i upgrade ill lose my discount !!!??!"